8th Nat'l NT Rally - June 27-30, 2018 - Spearfish, SD

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
NT is ready to be loaded. Coyote Chris and I will be leaving on the NT's on Mon. We plan to be at Spearfish by lunch time Wed. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I will continue my 2013 amended policy about not offering Phil any drinks without sufficient supervision.
Sad that we will miss Kevin this year.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Sad that we will miss Kevin this year.
Right! Kevin and a bunch of others. I don't remember hearing anything from Doug, Ken, Alex, Chuck, and some I missed (sorry but I'm old). I'm also afraid we won't be seeing Rick or Eldon either. (I guess we're all old). I think I remember something about "birdhouse" or "birdman" or whatever his name was might come. May be a light crew this year.

But I believe I saw on the ST forum that Duece (the guy who bought my NT) was coming. He'll probably ride his ST though, which is good because I don't want to have "sellers remorse".

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
I am hoping that we will have some last minute shows. It is a nice gathering and it sounds like the weather will be great. :cool:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
It seems to me that Chuck has mentioned the possibility of coming up. I haven't heard anything recently from Ken. He's got a lady friend and they were getting "serious." I've emailed him but haven't had a reply.

Birdman has sold his NT and hasn't posted anything since January. Ken's Forum name was RedBird -- were you thinking about him?

Eldon's vision hasn't gotten any better and it doesn't sound like there's much possibility that it will.

I just got off the phone with Rick (FalconAF) and he's in Salida, UT. A friend and he are transferring a car they bought in Reno to Denver. They'd been up for 36 hours and were getting ready to crash. He's gonna' call me tomorrow afternoon.

Somebody had told him I might be driving and it sounded like he was thinking about the possibility of riding with me. If he wants to do that, I might drive up. Onliest problem is that I cancelled on the room with two beds at Bell's when Mike Simmons had to back out of coming. I love Rick but not enough to sleep with him. We'll see what develops.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Birdman has sold his NT and hasn't posted anything since January.
Nope, he RSVPd a "maybe" on the RSVP section. He did sell his NT but has a PC he might ride.

I just got off the phone with Rick (FalconAF) and he's in Salida, UT. A friend and he are transferring a car they bought in Reno to Denver. They'd been up for 36 hours and were getting ready to crash.
Only 36 hours - that's only half a day for Rick. Yep, that's Rick.

I have one day (tomorrow) to pack up and get ready - well, really only half a day, ummm, no only a couple hours. I plan to leave Monday and arrive Wednesday. Come to think of it I can't leave till after the bank opens on Monday so I'll be on a "Phil schedule".

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Enjoy that schedule, Jim! It's one that will let you enjoy your evening more than your morning. :)

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
85% chance I will show up, but I am going to bring my Little 300X Versys to do some dirt/gravel road riding. Have ridden all the pavement in that area.

Attachments

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I am bummed about not going this year. Work interferes again. I am actually over my allowed leave I am supposed to have, but an important project must be finished first. In the past they would practically made me take leave if i had this much leave accrued.

Then there is the whole, not having a motorcycle thing. I was even eyeing that Black NT south of me in Coffeyville, but I have to keep reminding myself that if I bought it I still couldn't ride it to Spearfish this year.

Oh well, plenty of time to figure out things for next year.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I am bummed about not going this year. Work interferes again. I am actually over my allowed leave I am supposed to have, but an important project must be finished first. In the past they would practically made me take leave if i had this much leave accrued.

Then there is the whole, not having a motorcycle thing. I was even eyeing that Black NT south of me in Coffeyville, but I have to keep reminding myself that if I bought it I still couldn't ride it to Spearfish this year.

Oh well, plenty of time to figure out things for next year.
Sorry you won't be able to make it. Was looking forward to seeing the Old and Young NT guys again. What? You have no motorcycle? Not even the DR anymore? If you are interested in a well cared for V-strom 650 I know of one. Let me know and we can talk.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I just got an email from Ken Malone (RedBird) and he is coming to Spearfish. He's trailering his bike home to his place in Lyons on Tuesday, taking his dog to the vets on Wednesday morning and then we'll meet and ride up together. We may manage to connect with junglejim somewhere on our way.

I had talked to Rick Ryan (FalconAF) for just a few minutes last night and thought he might be thinking of coming up, too. I was willing to drive if he wanted to go, but got a textg message from him about an hour ago and he was on his way to Denver International to catch a plane home to Vegas. That doesn't sound like he's coming to Spearfish. I asked him to call me when he gets home and I'll let you all know what he says.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Phil, I hope to head down to Crawford and up Hwy 71 instead of 385 because I think it is a better ride. But that is 3 days and a few thundershowers out so who knows what will happen. Just guessing at your launch time and ride time I'm thinking you and Ken won't be that far north till well after noon. There is plenty of daylight now so hooking up is still a possibility. It also depends on which route you two take too. If you go through Newcastle we might not cross paths till Chyenne Crossing. I guess it is a little early to be planning that.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Well, as Phil said, I'll be heading to Spearfish (camping) with Phil on Wednesday. See you all there.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I hope to head down to Crawford and up Hwy 71 instead of 385 because I think it is a better ride.
It is; if we get together around 9:30 (which seems likely) we'd be to Crawford around 1 or a little after. I'll keep you posted.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Loading the bike and heading west - right into thunderstorms. Oh will, riding in the rain is better than sitting at home wishing I was riding.

Phil, I'll keep you updated. I'll see you in Spearfish if not in Crawford first. I'm still guessing that if you and Ken are running late that you may take the express route and avoid the hills and curves.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Almost out the door.
Good luck on weather and rendezvous'. See you there! :spsmile:

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I'm waiting on a High School buddy to come by today on his GS, we'll change his tires out and then head out tomorrow sometime.. should see everyone on Wed.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Damn, I wish I was going. I would be heading out tomorrow at 0500, but instead I will be working to keep the economy strong so you old retired fartz can have a good time. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it......

:well1:

Mike

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Damn, I wish I was going. I would be heading out tomorrow at 0500, but instead I will be working to keep the economy strong so you old retired fartz can have a good time. It's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it......

:well1:

Mike
Dang! Coyote Chris and I missed you last year. We hoped to see you this year.
.... but appreciate the continued support to Social Security fund. :)

Currently at Three Forks MT. Going to walk down to Wheat Montana and visit their deli for dinner. Yellowstone, Chief Joseph Highway, and Big Horns tomorrow.

Top Bottom