8th Nat'l NT Rally - June 27-30, 2018 - Spearfish, SD

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Currently at Three Forks MT. Going to walk down to Wheat Montana and visit their deli for dinner.
Shucks! I wish I had known you were going to be there. I could have suggested that you ride south a few miles to Willow Creek to eat at the Willow Creek Saloon. It's a great place to eat and is the centerpiece of one of the best books I've ever read. The book is called "Blind Your Ponies" and was written by Stanley Gordon West. The plot starts with Willow Creek's basketball team which has lost something like 96 games in a row. It's an awesome read and the Saloon was a great place to eat. Oh, well... next time you're in Three Forks.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I just got off the phone after talking with Rick Ryan (FalconAF). He's not coming to Spearfish this year but has some hope for next year. He's had a bunch of major dental issues in addition to all the aftermath from his motorcycle crash. His neck and arm movement and strength are back to what he'd guess is 85% of where he was before the crash. One of the biggest improvements has been a result of his dental procedures. He hadn't been able to remain stationary for more than a few minutes at a time without having his neck cramp up in pain. But an ibuprofen blocker during a 3-hour procedure week before last and that seems to have resolved the neck issues. That's a big improvement for him.

He's got two more major procedures on his teeth in the next two weeks and then things will slow down for awhile.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Here's wishing you guys/gals a great get-together. Please be safe and keep Phil away from the camp fuel! :)

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
I’ll stop and visit with Jim Moore who has been sidelined with retna problem and then head up through Hot Springs and Custer to Spearfish. I’ll try to hook up with the northbound Phil and Redbird. We don’t know when each other will be where yet yet.

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Back home around 10am today. It was another great event only made better by those that attended. Same Bat Channel next year. I'll post dates when I know them.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Mellow, send me your address and I'll send you the $5 I owe you for pizza.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Back home around 10am today. It was another great event only made better by those that attended. Same Bat Channel next year. I'll post dates when I know them.
We got back home today in the early afternoon. Nice cool ride to Spokane.....6 drops of rain. Then my phone said there was a fire 3 miles from my house! I took a pic and it made the news....

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
Coyote Chris and I got back to Spokane area on Sunday afternoon.
After the Friday's meeting to talk about the weather with the Germans under I90, we spent the night in Buffalo, WY.
Sat we ate breakfast in Sheridan, WY and took 14/14A north route over the Big Horn mountains. The temp dropped to 41 degrees and we got a few sprinkles of rain and snow. A very nice day to ride. Sunday's ride back to Spokane was cool and comfortable.
It was great to see old friends and new ones.
A tip of the cap to Mellow for another successful get together. :)

Top Bottom