[How To] Admore LED lighting for GIVI Monokey E55 top case

CoolNT

Hi folks,

Please note: if you have slow internet, this may take a while to load.

This is for informational purposes and to help with any ambiguity with this kit and for those contemplating on installing this kit.

Documents attached for this installation include:

Admores original installation manual

A table of Admore to NT wire colors** I created for this installation (**The wire colors on the NT seem to vary by possibly build dates so keep that in mind. Your best bet is to use a test light).

You tube video of light funtion:

[video=youtube;F75iXet_4WA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F75iXet_4WA[/video]

1. Picture of the Admore LED light kit – ADML-0210-LED55-T-TS – for the Givi e55 top case

2. This is the NT tail light area behind the seat

3. NT tail light area specifically the right turn signal area

4. NT tail light area specifically the left turn signal area

5. Posi-taps installed to the appropriate NT wiring

6. Close-up of posi-taps connected to NT tail/turn wiring

7. LED function check

8. Admore LED harness attached to bike and posi-taps

9. Admore LED harness attached to bike and posi-taps close-up

10. Admore suggested the best location to drill the case for bike connection is here. I chose to go with this location since the Admore connector from the inside of the case sticks out (above the surface by at least an inch and half and didn’t want it to get in the way of luggage, helmets, etc. These situations can shorten the life of the connector if in the way. Also, it lends itself to a cleaner install from the inside of the case. Also, on the exterior of the case for the outside connector, I didn’t want it to poke a passenger in the back as it sticks up about an inch.

11. Keep in mind, I also have the Givi top case liner for the bottom and top. Therefore, it sort of limits wire runs but also keeps everything clean.

12. I used a pilot hole drill (1/8” drill) and then drilled the 7/16” hole with the Admore supplied drill bit.

13. The document holder will need to be removed with or w/o the liner for this install.

14. Top case light lenses removed.

15. Holes punched (using a smaller drill bit) and then drilled out with supplied 7/16” bit.

16. Admore LED light kit installed in the left lens

17. Admore LED light kit installed in both lenses. Also, Admore does not mention using grommets or something in the holes punched out for the lenses, which protects wires from rubbing or fraying, etc. I chose to use silicone for two reasons; 1) to keep in wires from being pulled 2) movement causing damage over time.
A GOTCHA to keep in mind – make sure you correctly plug the right LED to the right side of the harness and left to left. Mine were mislabeled.

18. Liner and document holder back in place.

19. Finished inside view of top lid of top case. I’ll probably use some black duct tape to hide the silicone and wires. I thought about using some shrink tubing but didn’t want to chance burning something in the process especially that close to various plastics.

20. Another inside top lid view.

21. A view of the exterior of the top case with the rubber washer and nut installed.

22. Top case mounted on the NT with the harness attached.

23. A view of the harness connected to the top case from the side.

24. Top case with lights on.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silver Ranger

Very good report with excellent photos. I installed the Admore LED lighting kit into my Honda top box today. I have not mounted the box to the NT yet because of the weather. I did notice that the connectors supplied with your kit are much nicer then the ones I received. Mine were small pin butt joints. Two of the three pins on one connecter were missing so I ended up cutting them off and used solder and heat shrink tubing. Not a big deal I needed something to keep me busy anyway. The through the box connector looks the same.

OP
OP

CoolNT

Very good report with excellent photos. I installed the Admore LED lighting kit into my Honda top box today. I have not mounted the box to the NT yet because of the weather. I did notice that the connectors supplied with your kit are much nicer then the ones I received. Mine were small pin butt joints. Two of the three pins on one connecter were missing so I ended up cutting them off and used solder and heat shrink tubing. Not a big deal I needed something to keep me busy anyway. The through the box connector looks the same.
Thanks. BTW, where did you end up making the external connection to the bike on the top box?

OP
OP

CoolNT

I haven't been able to live with the wire on the outside (aesthetically that is - I'm anal about these things) of the top box. I'm working with Admore to get some longer internal wire harness to where I can utilize Givi's own knock out's (both in the case and on the rack) and therefore have a better/cleaner wire run both inside the case and outside. BTW, the Admore guys are great to work with.
I'll post some updated pictures once the minor project is completed.

Silver Ranger

I have not drilled a hole through the box yet. I will wait until I get the box mounted and determine the best route at that time. Until it warms up and the snow melts the box will sit in the basement with the other farkles I have purchased.

OP
OP

CoolNT

Received the 90 degree connector and extensions from Admore (for extra cost) and here are some pics of the additional steps and finished product.

90 degree connector installed in the Givi case where the knockout hole is and wire routed to left hinge area.

Wire routed to hinge. I taped all wires with gorilla tape.

View from bottom of case with new Admore connector in place.

Givi case mounting rack knockout hole punched.

Top case finished product on bike bottom view

Another finished view

Top lid inside view

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

CoolNT

When you're ready to knock out the punches in the case and top rack, let's communicate a bit.

Top Bottom