Aftermarket luggage rack

OP
OP

Igo

I am building my own. I have a 12x24 piece of mild steel with 90 degrees turned in it at 10 inches from one end and 1.5 inches from the other. This will leave me a deck of about 12x12 which is perfect for some of the motorcycle totes I have. The 10 inch piece that stands up at the front will probably have to be lowered some for aesthetics and functionality. I can't drill the mounting holes until the Corbin seat is on as the front part of the rack will serve as a continuance of the back of the passenger seat so another tote will sock into that round perfectly. Once aligned, I will cut out a bunch of metal to bring the weight down. It won't be pretty but it will be perfectly suited for both the NT and my luggage. The bike stays trim and the luggage stays low and forward and snug. Stay tuned.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Honda makes a base plate for their OEM Topcase. The price is $50.77. It is called, Carrier Bracket P/N 08Z51-MEW-100. Your Honda Dealer should have Honda Publication No. MII 12946. That publication is a three page set of installation instructions. It looks like it could serve as a base for a luggage rack.

OP
OP

Igo

I've moved away from building my own. Biggest issue is not having my own shop to experiment in anymore.
I've got the SW-MoTech rack, flat rack adapter, Give quick disconnect adapter and when my GIVE comes in I'll have that. I've taken detail pictures but am waiting to do a review until after the top case comes in.

Off the top of my head I don't know if these are the actual names for any of these parts.

Anyway, this is what I did: http://www.nt-owners.org/forums/showthread.php?365-SW-MOTECH-Alu-Rack-Toprack-From-Twisted-Throttle
Plus I bought an adapter to mount the GIVI V46 top box. There, that sounded better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom