Air Cleaner Housing O Rings Part # ?

Ron Hudson

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Red NT700V..95PC800
Reviewing a Post from Jan 2016 These O Rings do not have a separate Honda Part #
but reference made to optional use of BMW part #11-61-7-504-543 approx 50mm x 3.2 mm
Service Manual page 6-47 top picture... Is there a Honda part # ?? Trying to confirm if size is ID or OD
BMW specs do not disclose ID/OD Apparently these O Rings may get damaged when removing the cover
during Valve checks.. Appreciate any info.. Ron

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
If you're talking about the orings where the throttle body holders meet the cylinder head, Honda part#:

91303-397-000

I always replaced these during valve checks, as they get a flat spot on them due to the heat. I always replaced the valve cover gaskets and the valve cover grommets too, replacing the grommets ensures the covers are pulled down properly. You need 2 per cover.

Be sure to the new VC gaskets are seated in the groove of the cover properly and not lumpy, they fit snugly. What worked for me, is putting small amount of petroleum jelly in the groove, brushed in with an epoxy brush, makes it easy to seat the gaskets, and it will melt away once the engines hot.

Put a small dab of Permatex grey or black sealer in the corners of the half-circle shaped protrusions of the valve cover gaskets, it helps fill in the gap at this sharp edge. I never had VC gaskets leak doing this.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
I wouldn't call the rubber sleeves that connect the Fi units to the cyl head "O-rings." On the underside of the airbox are the two sockets that fit over the air horns of the F1 units and they are square section "O-rings" in those holes. As regards both items, I can't see them getting damaged during a valve clearance check.

Bike
2010 NT700V, 2015 CB500X
Last edited:
Top Bottom