Australian Headlight Protector

MaxBC

Hi Kathy,

Sent a PM on the 16th but didn't get a reply. Please order 1 headlight guard for me.

I keep a U.S. mailing address, so whoever redistributes it to me shouldn't encounter any special problems.

Thanks,
Max

Bike
Black 2006 NT700V
I've been in contact with the headlight protector manufacturer and they will advise me of the shipping costs within the next day or two and I already have a quote for the radiator guard shipping costs - stay tuned!

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Kathy
I may have missed it but have you worked out who in the States will be shipping the products to us ?

Bike
Black 2006 NT700V
Kathy
I may have missed it but have you worked out who in the States will be shipping the products to us ?
Not yet - any offers?

If no one offers I will do it myself (with the help of my family) after I arrive.

Bike
Black 2006 NT700V
If I'm not too far -New Jersey- from where you'd be shipping it from I could certainly handle it.
After all the nice welcomes I received from everybody here I'd like to do something for you all.
Thanks - that'd be great!

Bike
Black 2006 NT700V
Hi Folks,

Apologies for the delay in providing details of the final cost of the Headlight Protector and Radiator Guard. The company that manufactures the headlight protectors is in the process of changing owners (and cities) and I had some unexpected delays in getting availability and shipping cost information from the new owners.

However it's all sorted now and the best news is that there will not be any shipping costs in Australia for the headlight protectors because the new owner will be attending a motorcycle show/expo I'm going to a week before I fly to the US and I'll be able to collect all the headlight protectors from him while I'm there. As a result the NT700V headlight protectors will only cost $35.00 Australian each.

I've also spoken to the radiator guard manufacturer and he has confirmed availability and that the total shipping cost in Australia for four radiator guards is only $12.00 (ie, $3.00 per item) - therefore the radiator guards will cost $159.00 Australian each.

I've sent a PM to each person who expressed interest in purchasing these items detailing the total amount owing and the method for processing the PayPal payment. Please ensure that all PayPal payments are made by no later than 29 October - if I haven't received your payment by this date - I will not be ordering items that have not been paid for. Also, if you no longer want to purchase the item(s) you expressed interest in please let me know ASAP.

Please let me know if you need any further information or if you did not receive the PM I sent you with the payment details.

Bike
Black 2006 NT700V
Hi Folks,

The details of the shipping arrangements for the headlight protectors and radiator guards are as follows:

1. The headlight protectors and radiator guards will be shipped to me in Australia and I'll be bringing them with me in my luggage when I fly to the US.
2. After I arrive in the US I'll ship all the headlight protectors[SUP]1[/SUP] and radiator guards to ClassicVW who has kindly offered to ship them to their owners (ClassicVW will reimburse me for this shipping cost).
3. In addition to paying ClassicVW the USPS cost of shipping the headlight protector and radiator guards to you[SUP]2[/SUP] you will also be required to reimburse him for a portion of the shipping cost he has paid me[SUP]3[/SUP].

Taking into account the fact that we do not want these items to get damaged in transit please trust that ClassicVW and I will keep shipping costs to the minimum possible and that you will only be asked to pay actual costs.

Kathy

[HR][/HR]1. With the exception of five headlight protectors for which I've already made alternative shipping arrangements.
2. Up to three headlight protectors (or one headlight protector and one radiator guard) should fit in a 'Medium Box 2' flat-rate shipping box (shipping rate: $12.35).
3. I expect the total combined shipping cost should be no more than about $16 per box.

Last edited:
Bike
Black 2006 NT700V
Hi Folks,

The four radiator guards arrived a couple of weeks ago and yesterday I collected 18 headlight protectors at the Sydney Motorcycle show (two Australian manufacturers are now very happy!) - all items (including the trailer hitch for Miairhead) are carefully packed and are now waiting to catch a plane or three!

Once I arrive in the US next week I will, as per my previous post, ship the headlight protectors and radiator guards to ClassicVW who will be taking care of distributing them to their owners.

Important note for people who ordered a radiator guard: you will receive a foam drink holder with your radiator guard. You may not want to keep the drink holder forever but you should not toss it out before you find out what's inside (it contains the upper mounting brackets for your radiator guard which I removed from to make them easier to pack - you won't be able to install the radiator guard without these brackets!).

Kathy

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Kathy
When do we provide our shipping address to ClassicVW so that he can ship our orders once he receives them from you?

Bike
Black 2006 NT700V
Arrived in Houston a few hours ago after about 20 hours of travel. Had no issues with Customs and Border Protection in relation to having to pay duty for the headlight protectors, radiator guards or trailer hitch (visitors have a $100 duty free limit for goods they bring in) - the CBP guy was only curious about why someone would want to fit a trailer hitch to a motorcycle.

Hope to get to USPS tomorrow to ship the stuff.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
HI Katy,

I am glad to see you had a uneventful flight and that everything came through withno problems.

I wish you a wonderful time for your stay here.

Eldon

Bike
2011 Black NT700
Thanks for your help George and the payment is completed.
Clint

Bike
Black 2006 NT700V
... but Kathy is the Superstar here!
Not really - plenty of people all over the world have helped me out over the past 15 years or so with motorcycle parts for my various bikes and, ever since seeing the movie 'Pay it forward', I've tried to do just that.

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
ClassicVW, I'm having trouble with my PayPal account. Apparently, I changed passwords and I can't log on. I spent close to 40 minutes today on the phone with a young woman from somewhere else in the world trying to get things worked out, but no luck. They say they're sending me emails with the link which will allow me to reset my password, but I'm not getting anything from my email account. Tomorrow or Tuesday I should have more time to stay with them until we can get it worked out.

If we can't do that, I may need an address so I can send you a money order or cash.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
My new Aussi headlight protector is sitting on the kitchen counter waiting for "someone" to install it. Thanks to all that made it happen so far.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I stopped by the post office to pick up a package they had waiting for me. Sure enough it was my radiator guard and headlight protector. Makes a nice Christmas present to myself :)

Thank you George and Kathy

Top Bottom