Beaded seat covers

I didn't like the beadrider because I don't like sitting on rocks. Bought an Air Hawk and never looked back.

Last edited:
Bike
2010 Red NT700V
A friend gave me a beaded seat cover, tried it once and couldn't stand it. Ended up with a sheepskin cover and I think it is the best thing ever. Can't use it in the rain though but for long trips in the summer it is awesome

Bike
2011 Black NT700
A friend gave me a beaded seat cover, tried it once and couldn't stand it. Ended up with a sheepskin cover and I think it is the best thing ever. Can't use it in the rain though but for long trips in the summer it is awesome
My brother gave me a sheepskin cover prior to our Alcan trip last July. It's the greatest just like him.

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Obviously the beaded seat cover works for some but not for others. You are sitting on those wooden (or ceramic) rollers so it can be uncomfortable for some.

On the positive side, the beads allow much easier movement, front to rear & side to side, so it's easy to change position on a long ride. Getting stuck in one position is one of the main causes of "butt burn" on a ride.

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I wore my wooden beaded one out and now have a ceramic version. It's the bees knees for long distance hot weather riding.

Mike

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
It's not the cheapest solution by a long shot, but the Russell Day-Long saddle will solve all the seating issues. And, no, I'm not on Russell's payroll.

:rofl1:

Top Bottom