Big lids are on!

Bike
2010 NT700V Red
I'll be putting on my Silver large lids in a couple of weeks prior to the cross country trip that will eventually take me to Spearfish NT gathering in July. We'll have to see how my "bi-racial" look goes... silver panniers on a Red Bike. I'm not trying to unite the two major NT tribes. I'm just being cheap, lazy, and practical. Don't want the big lids on around here because of my need to filter when in the heavy NYC traffic. So they'll come off when I return.
Naahhh...you be stylin' man! Now everybody's gonna want that look. :rofl1:

See you at Spearfish. ;)

LL75

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
Our ferries are not near the size of the Whidbey Island Ferry. In 1970 I lived in the second house on the left on the entrance to the Whidbey Island Ferry. I have been told that the whole area has gone high line and is nowhere where it was then. I used to commute to Ft.Lewis in my 'Vette.
Ours are now medium-size boats among the WA state system. It's a short crossing but it's the busiest route, as we're loaded with Boeing employees, as well as Seattle, Everett, and Bothell commuters. Then in the summers come the tourists. Mostly there's a boat leaves every 30 minutes and we're served by 2 boats running continuously for most of every day.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
What Rick said....one has to change their situational awareness a bit is all. Just like the first time you taxi a Boeing 777 and take off a Q400's tail with your wingtip.
I dont believe in filtering. Even if it is the "safe" kind where you ride up the safely strip past 100 cars and then "ask" to be let in back in traffic. It seems very arrogant to me
to act like that. You have a vehicle just like everyone else and if they have three people in their cars, you arent even getting as good a gas milage as they are. So you want to stop traffic and be let in....why? Cause you are
more impotent than they are? On the other hand, I have no problem with bikes using the "more than one person in the car" lanes.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I thought Federal regulations mandated motorcycle use of HOV lanes.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I thought Federal regulations mandated motorcycle use of HOV lanes.
:soapbox: Be careful! The state DOT idiots in Atlanta :work3: have converted some HOV lanes, on Federal Interstates, to High Occupancy Toll (HOT) lanes to increase revenues... Motorcycles are allowed to use them, toll free, but you have to register your bike, and get a toll pass and decal, and mount it somewhere to avoid being ticketed supposedly... The highly educated, trained, and motivated government employees insisted we had to do everything a car does as they could not tell from the camera images whether a vehicle is a car or motorcycle... Mind you this is the same very expensive camera system they use to read the license plates, and issue citations to, the folks who don't register....:rolleyes1: So I have registered all three bikes, free for me, run up their expenses in the process, and tossed their junk in a tool box drawer... When they use their camera, the one that can't tell the difference between a car and a motorcycle, and read my plate I'll be left alone anyway... Oh, and for good measure we did not join the consortium of states who link their toll passes so you only need one....:rolleyes1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Oh, and for good measure we did not join the consortium of states who link their toll passes so you only need one
Neither did we here in Colorado. We've still got a free HOV lane plus a toll lane if you've got ExpressToll (which, BTW, is now a kind of neat sticker/chip that goes on a motorcycle headlight.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Yes, I can see that....if I drove around Seattle that is where I would want to be....

Top Bottom