OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Mellow, I too bought my first new to me BMW R1200GS this past July and absolutely love it, and I find it very easy to work on, parts are pricey but, because I do all my own maintenance I'm not bother by that, I make up for it with only my time going into the labor. I almost love working on my bikes as much as I love riding them. Hopefully I'll make it to spearfish this year for the Rally. I was there a week ahead of time in 2020 and thought about staying for the Rally but, when I hit a deer just east of Rapid City and was able to limp home, that's just what I did. Anyway, that's a beautiful bike you bought, many happy and safe miles to you, to all of us!
And Merry Christmas all!
Hope to see you in June. Still liking the bike a lot, can't wait to get it out on a nice long trip.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Mellow, I too bought my first new to me BMW R1200GS this past July and absolutely love it, and I find it very easy to work on, parts are pricey but, because I do all my own maintenance I'm not bother by that, I make up for it with only my time going into the labor. I almost love working on my bikes as much as I love riding them. Hopefully I'll make it to spearfish this year for the Rally. I was there a week ahead of time in 2020 and thought about staying for the Rally but, when I hit a deer just east of Rapid City and was able to limp home, that's just what I did. Anyway, that's a beautiful bike you bought, many happy and safe miles to you, to all of us!
And Merry Christmas all!
Ahhhh, no wonder you wanted to go riding in the UP of MI last summer. Don’t blame you a bit. Good to hear from you.
I almost bought one in 2016. I stopped at a dealership in Minneapolis on my way back from the south coast and rode one. I decided to buy one and had to work out some accessory options with the salesman over the phone. But when I got back on the NT that I rode in on I realized how comfortable I was. Didn’t buy the Beemer. I did however buy the Tiger a few months later and saved almost $10,000

Top Bottom