BMW K75 with sidecar

elizilla

I just bought a 1987 BMW K75 with a Hannigan sidecar. The bikes is pretty beat-up but it sure drives a lot nicer than the Ural. I could get myself in trouble here. :)

Here's a picture of the sidecar. I am not sure what model it is.

KBandHanigan2_zps022f8107.jpg

Attachments

• KBandHanigan2_zps022f8107.jpg
    KBandHanigan2_zps022f8107.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 34
It looks as if it just might possibly have a slightly higher level of sophistication than the Ural.

It looks as if it just might possibly have a slightly higher level of sophistication than the Ural.

Now there is an understatement. Congratulations, Katherine---the older BMWs are great sidecar rigs. I miss my R-50 with the matching Steib.

I think your bike would look like a jewel ; moving through the hills of the wild west. Sensational looking machine. Nice in any terrain actually..

A good looking combination especially the matched paint. The engine should be electric motor smooth. Always surprised the K75 did not have a longer life. Will be interested to hear if the power is sufficient for the sidecar.

I loved the comment about "higher level of sophistication..." :) A German K75 made in the mid-80s is still eons ahead of a Ural build yesterday in Russia. This is not a condemnation of the Ural because people are buying it for that quaintness much like someone buys a "modern" Harley just so they can get air-cooling and a build-up crankshaft from the 1930s.

Last edited:
Beautiful machine and nice color.

Did you do a previous thread where you spoke of your attraction to side car riding. If not would love to hear it.

Beautiful machine and nice color.

Did you do a previous thread where you spoke of your attraction to side car riding. If not would love to hear it.

My attraction to sidecars? Began because I have some mystery ailment that has been slowly crippling me. I may have mentioned it here occasionally before - my pet name for it is "Teh Awkward". The mystery ailment continues, but the sidecar thing is great on its own merits and I will keep doing it even if the docs figure out what is wrong and cure me. There have been some positive developments at the doctor's lately, so maybe I will get better. I don't really want to answer a million questions right now, because it distorts my thinking and makes me a hypochondriac. I'll tell y'all about it later when I know more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope things keep going in a positive direction for you, Katherine!

Yes, I too add my thoughts and prayers for continued positive developments. I like the way you deal with your ailments... side car! rather than stop riding......

That is a cool looking rig, Katherine! Congrats! Guessing it's a much different ride compared to the Ural.

Back
Top Bottom