Bringing you all up to date

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Just wanted to bring every one up to date and my Moto happenings. With in the last five days I am no longer a Honda motorcycle rider. First time in over 30 years. The ST1300 went away on Saturday down in Texas when I was attending TEXSTOC. and the ST(NT)700 went away tonight. I am sure the new owner will post something in the near future. I will get to see it and the New owner lives in my neighborhood and we ride together on occasion. Attached is a few pictures of the machine that has replaced both the ST and the NT. Hope you guys will let me hang around even though I don't have a Honda any more.

Attachments

Last edited:
Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Chuck,

Congratulations on that pretty Red FJR! I am sure we are all waiting to hear about what all it has included with it as shown, and what farkles will get added!

By all means stick around!

Eldon

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Very Nice bike! Electronic suspension or manual? Now you need to learn to speak Yamahaese...:wink: If you make through Atlanta stop and we will compare it to my FJ1200....

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Nice ride Chuck. Look forward to your review and how you feel it compares to the ST1300.

tawilke46

I guess all the ST's in posts will change to FJR's????

Nice bike, nice color......of course the faster red. Enjoy!
Will be waiting on your eval on the new FJR.

OP
OP
Chucksklrst
Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Very Nice bike! Electronic suspension or manual? Now you need to learn to speak Yamahaese...:wink: If you make through Atlanta stop and we will compare it to my FJ1200....
NO ES Standard, I don.t need the ES as I ride Solo all the time. I can set the Suspension by hand. One time and leave it alone. Just more STuff to break later as the bike ages.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Pretty bike! I'm glad your neighbor got to the point where he could buy the ST700. He and I have communicated, but I can't remember his handle on this forum.

We need to get together with him and ride one of these days.

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
The new FJR is beautiful! Unfortunately, it is over my two wheel budget, and more importantly, more weight than I want to wrestle with. Best wishes for many miles of safe riding.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Yup! Congrats! If I was in the market for a new scoot and I was younger, the FJR would be on my short list.

Mike

Check out, BamaRider, review of the 2014 FJR. Saw the bike at the ST's Blue Ridge Gathering. My NT was nervous. If I remember correctly, the FJR is only about 65 lbs heavier than the NT. Honda is not upgrading technology like Yamaha and no longer makes ST's or NT's, to the best of my knowledge. BMW is still in the market but the price is $5000.00 more for the RT and $10,000 more for the K1600 than the Yamaha FJR. BamaRider gives a great view of the FJR, BMW RT and the St's. He has them all in his garage.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Your "Update" is more like bragging, but I don't blame you at all. I'd be doing the same thing if I got one. The FJR is the best value out there in that class in my opinion, and it may well be the best bike too.

I'm sure your riding habits will put it to good use and you maintenance standards will make sure it is taken care of. Most of all I hope you enjoy riding it. Give us some feedback.

I'm envious.

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
chuck,

Does the new FJR have a heavy feeling in the front end at slow speeds in tight corners? or a feeling of suddenness when going into a leaning situation?
Reason for hose questions is that a 08 or 09 that I rode about 50 miles on ca couple of years ago felt that way too me.The power was sweet, but the feeling of that bike left me with nagging doubts in my mind. It had good rubber under it , but the feeling was in a sense like it had a car tire on the rear , or a mc tire that was squared off from mostly straight road riding, or as if it had raked , or extended forks. I am not knocking this machine in any way a the rider it belonged too said he never noticed these features.
I see in the specs that it is recommended for regular gasoline , that is a very nice, and handy feature!

Eldon

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Congrats Chuck! It's a great color and will no doubt show dirt much less then my 2009 black one does. Another plus for me is that you ride more then I do currently so perhaps I can invite myself to your 1st valve check and learn neat tips/tricks on someone else's bike! I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Nice Color! I see you wisely kept the DR650. :) You know it will go places your shiny red bike will never go :)

Top Bottom