Changes...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Some of you have known that my wife has been struggling with Altzheimer's. She's been in 2 care facilities for just a little over a year. Her daughter and I decided to stop feeding on Friday. We knew that meant she wouldn't be with us for too long, but we were surprised when she died this afternoon. Joanne has been a tremendous blessing to me since I met her in the spring of '97 and I really miss her, but nobody needs to go through what she has, so I am relieved that she isn't going through Altzheimer's torture any longer.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Sorry Phil, Rest in peace Joanne.

Wishing you well during this tough time.

Bike
NT700V, NC700X, XL600R
My mother had Alzheimer's in a care facility for the last five years before her death. I watched her erode, and her body became an empty shell of her former self. I would allow longer time between visits as she did not know I was there. When she finally passed, a heavy object was lifted off me.

Sorry for your loss.

I have been dealing with a dark chapter in my life at the present.

Bike
2013 DL650/A & CX500 Euro
So sorry to hear of Joanne’s passing but it is good to know she is now at peace.

Thanks for sharing Phil and my prayers are with you at this time.

Seagrass

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Phil, My thoughts are with you during this time of sorrow. Your NT family shares your loss. May Joanne rest in eternal sleep. God speed, Phil.

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
Prayers be with you. Illnesses like that are tough on the person and everyone that cares for them.

Arknt

Woodaddict

Site Supporter
2024 Mileage
Bike
Red NT700V & Spyder RTL
Phil, you've had a tough couple of years. Sorry for your loss, prayers for you

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
Dear Phil, I'm so very sorry that Joanne developed this terrible illness. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Phil...So sorry about your loss of your dear wife. I know you are aware that 14 months ago I lost the the ‘ love of my life of 67 years’ .She also suffered that dreadful Alzheimer’s disease and so I know just how you are feeling presently.
Life will never be the same but we have wonderful memories to sustain us in our remaining years.

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
Sorry to hear that Phil. You’re sharing the news with us may help your grieving process. I know you have helped many others in this situation.

I think of Joanne and the hospitality she provided when you shared your home with me back in about 2015. I’ll always remember her that way. She was indeed a wonderful person

May God’s peace be with you and your family.

Top Bottom