Charging problem ???

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Ken Norton (Redbird), Kevin Jones (Artemedes), Doug Young (Comanche), Rich Hastings (Yoda), and I had a very nice ride today. We left Spearfish heading south up Spearfish Canyon, hooked a right at US-85 and took it to Newcastle (where I was interim United Methodist pastor until week before last), then a left onto US-16 to Custer, where we stopped at TripAdvisor's #1 burger joint in the whole US of A, Black Hills Burgers and Buns. It was an outstanding lunch, followed by almost more incredible bread pudding for three of us and what looked like a decent peach cobbler for Yoda.

Yoda and Artemedes messed around in Custer for a bit, while Redbird, Comanche and I rode to the Hoosier Peak Lookout. That little ride involved about 4-5 miles of dirt road where a mistake could have been costly. It was a great view, dimmed by haze or, maybe, smoke from the fires in Canada.

Then we took Iron Mountain Road with it's one-lane tunnels and pig-tail bridges to the "Profile Viewpoint" turnout .8 mile past the tourist parking at Mt Rushmore.

While we were getting ready to roll, Yoda and Artemedes arrived and the five us went to Hill City to get a cooling drink at The Diner. From there, it was up US385 until we took the Rimrock Road scenic drive to Rimrock, then the Norris Peak Road to Nemo, and the Vanocker Canyon Road up to Sturgis. Great roads with very little traffic and incredible views and twisties.

After eating supper at the Millstone family restaurant, Commanche, Yoda, and I joined Bob Ray (who rode Beartooth Highway and the Chief Joseph Higway today) sitting around talking and solving most of the problems of the world. :)

Top Bottom