CTX 'Bust'?

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Sam, I agree with you about liking the CB500F. I think it would be a good everyday rider. For those that are interested the January issue of MCN has a test on the Grom.

kenstone

If I didn't have the NT or the Wing and was looking for a commuting bike, I'd seriously consider the CB500F or X.

The Grom would be fun for my 24 mile round trip to work, mostly on sedate country roads where I used to ride my Yamaha Zuma 125 to work and enjoyed the fun ride and 100mpg. I would look like the proverbial 'Monkey on a football!'

Honda has recently produced a CUB 110cc bike that is almost a copy of the original. The one I want is the new 'Trail 110' that brings back memories of my rugged Trail 90!!!

I love almost all of Honda's offerings this year but none of them have passed the 'butt' test or the leg and shoulder test, since I haven't been to a dealer in a long time.

I had an order in processing at my powersports dealer for 2 FORZA, 300cc scooters but they made me mad so I cancelled the order! I will look again in the late spring or early summer.

What is a guy gonna spend his money on that doesn't drink, smoke or chew, with no addictions except Cheeseburgers??? :)

Sam:)
I've been lusting over the CB500X as I like to get dirty once in a while, and with 30,000 mile of dirt roads in Idaho I know I'd be "out there" more than on the pavement.
The 2014 X has better forks too;)
Ken

I saw an evaluation of the new Valkyrie in Rider. Now they said for factory accessories it would have windshields and bags. Now that presents a possibility of a potent sort of tour bike a la the old Valkyrie. Could have potential though it would be heavy.

RedBird

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 F800ST, 1973 R75/5
My 1997 Valkyrie, outfitted with a windshield, baker air wings, champion bags, and a givi trunk was a fine touring bike. I had it for 12 years. The new one, properly outfitted, would likely appeal to me if I were 15 years younger.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I

Honda seem to have got their MOJO workin' this year!

Sam, I can't agree with that statement UNTILL they offer an up dated ST1300 Sport tourer and a Sub litter Sort Tourer. Maybe even have a real Adventure touring bike, all offered in the US market.

kenstone

I had a new Valkyrie Interstate in 2000 and it was a great touring bike. Aside from the terrible gas mileage when those six carb's were fully open, the bike was amazing. It probably was as heavy as my Goldwing's but maybe a tad lighter, I can't remember.

Honda is really using the Goldwing platform now, with the F6B and this new Valkyrie and I applaud them for their endeavors.

I'm glad they used the ST1300 platform for the new CTX1300, since like the Wing, it is proven technology.

Honda seem to have got their MOJO workin' this year!

I'd love to see a retro wing ('78-'82) back to when they were "naked":smile:
I've been scouting around for one to refresh/cleanup/not total cafe;)
Ken

Top Bottom