Cure for bike lust

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Chris,
I'm probably not the person to ask about vibration. My Norton vibrated, as did my last bike - an 07 Kawa Ninja 250. That bike was quite buzzy especially at the higher RPMs. The 1100 has a lot of power--more than one needs. I think that the NT handles better and is certainly more comfortable. A custom seat would probably handle the comfort aspect. I have no clue as to the fuel economy. If it is like the SOHC Fours of yesteryear, it probably gets fairly poor milage, then again, it is a pretty light bike for an 1100 and has FI. The fun factor is there for sure. I'm still debating buying one. I plan to wait and read some road tests--particularly the one Motorcycle Consumer News will be doing at some future date. I have a good bike that does everything I want it to--so there is no hurry.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I went to Augusta. The only reason I got to try it was that they had just gotten it ready for the showroom after the Svc Mgr tested it. I bought three bikes from them so I got to try it.

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Thanks! Cant wait to see the pics.....
chris
Hi Chris,

My bike is now getting about 48 miles to a gallon; 150 miles to a tank is not a problem. I ordered a Honda rear rack and a bikini fairing from Japan it should be here next week. I will post a few pictures once I get installed.

Jwayne

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I am sure we shall soon get some real road tests....I have given up trying to figure out bikes that will make it and those that will die a quick death....this one could go either way.....
Chris,
I'm probably not the person to ask about vibration. My Norton vibrated, as did my last bike - an 07 Kawa Ninja 250. That bike was quite buzzy especially at the higher RPMs. The 1100 has a lot of power--more than one needs. I think that the NT handles better and is certainly more comfortable. A custom seat would probably handle the comfort aspect. I have no clue as to the fuel economy. If it is like the SOHC Fours of yesteryear, it probably gets fairly poor milage, then again, it is a pretty light bike for an 1100 and has FI. The fun factor is there for sure. I'm still debating buying one. I plan to wait and read some road tests--particularly the one Motorcycle Consumer News will be doing at some future date. I have a good bike that does everything I want it to--so there is no hurry.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
Ah yes...trying to figure out what the consumer will actually buy...which is different from what they want...which is different than what they say they want.

Yes, we run our own little business and I wish we could figure out what will sell and what will not. Would save a lot of effort in the interim :)

Most mfg's learn that nothing said by the customer really means much. Yeah, you might get good advice on a feature (if it is not an exta cost option).

But, when it comes down to it, only what is sold out the door counts. In the world of low volume sales (like most motorcycles), what the potential customers tell you is different than what they actually do with their money. Sad but oh so true.

shonda7V

i hate going to a dealer showroom. every time i walk in, i see a new bike i want. my wife told me to stay away from there. probably good advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom