dealer #1 offer to sell me an NT

tawilke46

:plus1: On the Red NT. I really love mine!
Bought it on August 30 of last year. Got 2500+ miles on it now. Best bike I ever had. Hands down.
Once you get it farkled up to your liking it only gets better, if you can imagine that.
Honestly don't know why these bikes aren't flying off the Honda showroom floors.
Most riders dismiss them as insignificant, or not worthy of consideration.
Their mistake, don't know what they are missing.
Was the same story with the old PC800 Pacific Coast.

BTW, I have averaged over 63 miles per gallon so far. Mostly on back country roads at 50 to 55mph, minimal superslab.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I think there is alot of truth in what Sam says, and I also think that if we were to go back to the world of the UJM motorcycle...say 1970s and 80s, the NT would have been more popular. But things have changed. Unless gas goes to $6 a gallon, bikes are an expensive luxury to own and operate, and the world of bikes seems to have nitched. There is the cruiser crowd, the Wingabago crowd, the crotch rocket crowd, and now the so called
Adventure touring crowd. Here on this forum we have a very high concentration of educated , sensible, practical, seasoned, intellegent people who have ridden many bikes over many years and can see the inword and outword beauty of the NT and appreciate it. Most folk from the other nitches cant appreciate this bike.

tawilke46

There is the cruiser crowd, the Wingabago crowd, the crotch rocket crowd, and now the so called
Adventure touring crowd. Here on this forum we have a very high concentration of educated , sensible, practical, seasoned, intellegent people who have ridden many bikes over many years and can see the inword and outword beauty of the NT and appreciate it. Most folk from the other nitches cant appreciate this bike.
I heartily agree Chris.
Like the PC800, another underrated, underappreciated bike. You really do have to ride one to find out how good they are.
However, the greatest number of units sold at all motorcycle dealers around here are 4 wheelers during hunting season. Most dealers tell me they can't keep enough 4 wheelers in stock to satisfy demand during hunting season and it is the market where they make the bulk of their annual revenue. Hunters must buy a new one every year!:deer1: No disposable income problems for these folks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Yeah, they sell alot of four wheelers around here for farms and riding in the national forests....some are as big as small jeeps. I think between those, watercraft, snowmobiles and bikes, they do a pretty fair business.
I think if it were possible to have more bike rodeos, where existing riders could go somewherre and ride a company's bikes, this bike would sell better. It is just frustrating to me that a Japanese manufacture will offer up a
cruiser with a riding position that approximates a gynecological chair and then offer 100 options for it, while we get a luggage rack that is for all intents and purposes is completely unusable and we have to go to europe for real pannier lids. And to put salt in the wound, the cruiser has a better sidestand, while we get one that has to have a flattened beer can shoved under it on a hot day in an asphalt parking lot. Well, I am still grateful Honda made this bike even if it takes $1,000 in farkels to make is a great bike for the road. Chris working on design for bigger footprint of side stand ;)

OP
OP
Coyote Chris

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Welcome aboard, loonytuna. Many of us send pms and /or e-mails...just click on the person's handle. $7900 is a good price. I dont know the ins and outs of Honda dealers but there may be advantages to moving the iron in Honda's eyes and of course someone is paying to keep the bikes tied up. After a year, some dealers may just want to get out from under a bike. In my world, if I look at all the money a bike is gonna cost me in its 10-15 years that I probably will keep it, $1,000 at the start doesnt seem to matter that much if I can buy locally. But that is just me. One big dealer here said they ordered one at the start and it took a year to get rid of it and they wont be ordering any more. Another dealer here has two black ones on order.

Top Bottom