Don't dream it, do it........................ Done !

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Thought I'd share a pretty neat experience I had last year coming south from Spearfish as we passed through Ardmore South Dakota on highway 71. That part of the highway parallels a BNSF railroad track and we happened to be passing a freight train. Since I have (had) a Stebel airhorn I decided to give the engineer a couple of toots see if I could get his attention. Would you believe it, he gave me a couple of toots back - that made my day!

Thanks for your continued concern and prayers for my recovery. I'm doing nicely and everyday I see improvement. Thanks, Wendell
That's pretty awesome Wendell. Glad to hear your recovery is coming along. Also, on our trip, we ran beside a freight train out in Iowa and as we were overtaking it my friend gave the ole' pull the chain type motion we used to do to the truck drivers when we were kids and behold it worked... He held it for a long time and then gave us thumbs up out the window.. That was pretty cool..

I need to get as set of those Stebel's if that engineer could hear them. That's awesome !

Keep healing brother.

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Wendell, good to see you on the forum again! We're still pulling (and praying) for you.

I love 71, in South Dakota, Nebraska and in Colorado (but it's more interesting in Nebraska and South Dakota). And I agree that NE-2 is a great ride. In fact, there are many great rides in Nebraska...as long as you stay off of I-80!!!. US-83 north of North Platte, NE-29 between Harrison and Mitchell, and NE-61 north of Ogallala are also very good rides.
I'm writing all these down so I'll have them on my NEXT trip ! This trip stirred my blood so I can foresee another in the not too distant future.

OP
OP
WVRider

WVRider

Site Supporter
Bike
Silver 2010 NT700V
Well it's been a month since I returned to WV from this great adventure and it still feels unreal. I want to thank everyone for the kinds words and comments on the photos. I have gone over them several times and still feel stirred by them. I will be doing a similar trip again, maybe reverse direction. Either way, I hope this inspires others to venture out and see some of this great country of ours. I hope I have another opportunity maybe next year to do it again. Thanks again everyone.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
DJ
It is a beautiful country with lots to see and nothing beats seeing it on a motorcycle adventure. Thanks for sharing your adventure. It is inspiring.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
Yeah, once you do a multi-day trip like this, you're ruined for life... LOL It's all you want to do.

Top Bottom