Dreams

Karl, I'm sorry your clutch went out, but I'm glad that you "had" to wait in Bend for it to be repaired and very glad that they could get the part so quickly. When my final drive went the last time, it took 3 weeks to get all the parts. I probably could have gotten an entire final drive more quickly.

I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly! It looked last night as if you might have gotten pretty wet if you had made it to Roy.

Truck with my parts arrived in Bend at 10:00 this morning still not available...

Truck with my parts arrived in Bend at 10:00 this morning still not available...

Do you mean the dealer hasn't received them yet? I'm guessing that if they get the parts, installing the clutch and buttoning up the engine won't take even a half hour. I hope you get on the road soon!

Karl'' I suspect they told you bike would be together SOON ns you got your geRns hVE Mde youe wY TO Newport???
LWT ME KNOQ IF THt is the cSE. I SORT OF Hve PLn formulated TO Hve DRIVER TO BRING ME rround A NWWSWS ROMORROW IF HE DONT GET SHnghied with mothers dY FUNCTIONS.

HOPEFULLY IT WILLll work out for your ride plN ETC.

eLDON

The FedEx truck finally got unloaded. Matt Worbes the proprietor of M-Tech replaced the clutch inspite of his being closed for the weekend. The Honda flat rate for the NT clutch is 4.5 hours. Have pictures on my cell will try to get them where you can see them.

Bottom line Jezabelle is dancing again. The bike is ready I am going fill my belly and go to bed.

Karl, sounds like M-Tech is a place that went above and beyond the call of duty to get you back on the road. Around here, most shops would have told you that they'd get to it on Tuesday. Travel well!

Eldon: Enjoyed our phone con. Did you mean Shari's Cafe and Pies in Salem,OR? Have come too far not to see you.
Daboo. One of my dreams is that ride. Yes.
Karl his belly full and ready for bed way before bedtime.

Any idea what caused the clutch failure? IIRC, you didn't have many miles on your scoot, did you? I'm getting nervous as I am about to embark on a ride to Phoenix next Sunday and Traveller has just rolled over 74K miles.

Mike

each bike is different. I have 165K and no problem yet. on colder days I can hear some first start off squealing or slipping. might or could be kind of oil, or oil change interval

Any idea what caused the clutch failure? IIRC, you didn't have many miles on your scoot, did you? I'm getting nervous as I am about to embark on a ride to Phoenix next Sunday and Traveller has just rolled over 74K miles.

Mike

I was pondering much the same thing - this is the first time I've heard of a clutch going on an NT.

OK Mission accomplished. From little brother and Newport, RI the full length of rt20. To middle brother in Roy.
I blame myself for the clutch failure. My own bulk, the load being hauled and not paying enough attention to freeplay at lever. America's longest highway was an eye opener for me. Rain falling outside. Not having any place today feels good today.

Karl, you and your load surely don't weigh as much as me and mine! :rofl1:

But, you're probably right about the free-play being an issue in the failure of the clutch. I'm just glad that you had the foresight to plan it's failure near a place like Bend and made the connection to a shop that would go out of its way to get you back on the road.

How many miles have you ridden from brother to brother?

Enjoy your visit and enjoy not having anywhere to go for a day or two or ???

Karl just thought of something. it is just BOURT TIME THE oR w nt owners get together NEr LeVENWORTH W which might fit nicely with your ride with chris, thT rte FUNCTION USURlly drWS good crowd .

I will be looking forward TO SEEING YOU ON YOUR OUTBOUND LEG TOWrds home.

Eldon

To say I have had good luck is understatement of the highest order. No significant traffic problems till the last day. Used my phone's GPS to look at my route and it told me it could "save" me 45 min off my trip. Mistakenly I took it got caught in parking lot traffic and the phone battery went completely dead. Finally got in to Roy and the only landmark I recognised was the Roy tavern. Landlady let me plug the phone in long enough to call my brother and get him to guide me in. Phone worked at the tavern but not here less than a mile away.

Looking at ways home now. Rear T3 has a growing flat stripe. Otherwise in fine shape. Enjoying time with family.

way to go Karl. wow, rt20 almost coast to coast is something. you would have went right thru my old place where I grew up in Ashtabula county right along lake erie, just past pa line going west in ohio

Started in Newport, RI then Kenmore Square in Boston. The full length of America's Highway to Newport, OR then to Roy,WA. Was looking at rt2 to go back home. Still want to meet Eldon and see the Crazy Horse Memorial. So many places to go...

Karl, I had hoped to connect with your somewhere on your way home, but the way my leg is doing, I wouldn't be able to ride anywhere to meet you. Catch you next time!

When are you heading towards home?

Back
Top Bottom