Dreams

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
What lovely weather! Makes me feel bad about our 70F today. :)

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
I watched the TV weatherman and thought of you NE bunch. It was about 78 here today. We did have frost a week ago but I am thankful NOT to have your weather.

Brad

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Sun is shining and it is gorgeous out and 30 deg with four inches of snow on the driveway.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
It's 30 Degrees this morning and I found some black ice--thankfully on four wheels. Strange April we are having. The winter this year was quite mild on the coast. I only used the snow blower about five times.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Nine AM and raining outside got wet darting out to fill the bird feeders. Need to move Bella to get my bike out of the garage. Need to change all the fluids and Jezabelle should be ready to go dancing again. The little guy on my weather station has his umbrella but no scarf hat and coat. Time to get started...

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I survived the commute, the air temp outside is 30 deg. A package of 25 corms of Jersey Knight Asparagus are sitting on the kitchen counter needing to get planted. I have planning and planting to do.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I lost 40 lbs in 6 months by eating 1250 calories a day of fruits, vegetables and lean protein. No processed food. Tracked my intake on My Fitness Pal app. Also walk 4-5 miles a day and track everything with a Fitbit
That's the ticket! We dont buy beef much...mostly chicken and turkey and fish....whole grains for breakfast 6 days a week. I am 158 lbs and 6 ft one in. Oh yeah, pushing a wheel barrow full of wood 10 miles a day doesnt hurt either...stupid windstorm.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
OK, gang, how are we going to get karl enthused about taking a trip? Doesnt have to be out to Roy, WA. First, we have to get him to take a few day trip and get him hooked....then, Spearfish!

Bike
2010 Red NT700
A lot of us probably think about that one epic drive.....few of us will likely do it. If you have that window of opportunity to do it, grab the moment and get it done.

freezingalaskan

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
A lot of us probably think about that one epic drive.....few of us will likely do it. If you have that window of opportunity to do it, grab the moment and get it done.

freezingalaskan
One of the great things about taking that Epic Ride is the opportunity to meet other members of the NT-Owners Forum. On my Epic Ride, Freezingalaskan (Marcus) hosted JungleJim Rau and I one night in Anchorage. I got to meet Woodaddict in Sailsbury, NC, and present him with the 2nd 50K sticker, and then ride with him nearly to the Virginia border. Then Imet, rode with, and stayed with Bear (Alex) in Maine, and had pie with VZshadow (Dan) before I got Alex's house. I also met MAC, member of the Forum who rode to Twisted Throttle to meet me. I remember that he was riding a new FJR. Oh, how can I forget: I rode the West Coast from Blaine, WA, to San Diego with Rick Ryan, formerly FalconAF on our Forum. (Rick and I will be riding the Southern California Motorcycle Association's Three Flags Classic in September of this year.

People along the way are one of the great joys of such a ride. I met a fellow member of the LD-Riders List who had done a 500CC (Coast-t0-Coast in 50 hours) on a Ninja 250, and other great folks on motorcycles and not. If you can make a window for such a trip, DO IT!! I can guarantee you'll never regret it!

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
If there was time I would ride Weedwhacker my 50cc scooter. My NT has introduced me to some very charming people. Just way overdue for a road trip. Planted some Jersey Knight Asparagus today. That new bed should be still producing after I have expired. No clue how far this will go but June is departure time...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I hate having a defective memory. Here I am on Karl's thread, trying to encourage him to take that Epic Ride of his by listing all the great people I met from the Forum during my Epic Ride and I forgot to mention Karl! We met at a McDonalds in Sturbridge, CT, and then rode together to Hartford before he had to peel off to go to work. Sorry 'bout that, Karl!

tawilke46

Gee Phil, while in the Epic Ride, seems I recall someone changed your oil and filter, checked the rear drive and topped off the drive oil in Baton Rouge. :rolleyes1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
See? Told you I'd lost my mind. Plus your wife fixed us good sandwiches and wonderfully refreshing iced-tea. You even cleaned my windshield (which, IIRC, had come from San Diego wearing each and every bug proudly.)

I guess before I spout off about things from the Epic Ride again, I need to go back and re-read my blog.

Forum members, Tim changed my oil and filter in Baton Rouge as I rode from Katy, just west of Houston, where I had met Chuck 500 the night before I got to Baton Rouge. Chuck had gone to dinner with my brother- and sister-in-law and me and we had good Mexican food, which Houston does well. While Tim did all the work on my bike, Big Bill, a Forum member who back then lived near the Mississippi line east of Baton Rouge. He was on crutches and driving a cage because of that.

Mea culpa, mea maximum culpa!

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
33 and clear tonight. Some wood smoke in the air a wonderful night for a ride. Had some trouble getting the right leg off the bike tonight. That sealed it, have to got before my body won't play along anymore. Have a lot to get done here now...

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
33 and clear tonight. Some wood smoke in the air a wonderful night for a ride. Had some trouble getting the right leg off the bike tonight. That sealed it, have to got before my body won't play along anymore. Have a lot to get done here now...
Karl:

I plan on embarking on my 4,000 mile Civil War battlefield tour in mid-May. I suspect I will be in Yankee territory at the end of May. You are welcome to join me as I head back West.

Mike

Bike
2010 NT700, silver
flip a coin..heads= east coast, tails= west, then go for it......says the guy who most likely won't make it to Spearfish....

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
People along the way are one of the great joys of such a ride. I met a fellow member of the LD-Riders List who had done a 500CC (Coast-t0-Coast in 50 hours) on a Ninja 250, and other great folks on motorcycles and not.
Phil, don't forget about "Pete".

Top Bottom