Dreams

I like em both. I particularly like it when whats-his-name fires up his old Henderson or does burnouts on his old Crocker at Wheels Through Time. Ya don't see that at the AMA museum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nor would the own of most museums be walking around talking to everyone he sees. Wheels is a great stop, every time you in area. All American, motorcycles, nothing but USA in the doors, but no one cares what you ride on a visit.

Would have loved to visit both places But never got there. My daughter did take me to the Hofbrauhouse for lunch one day and dinner at a Korean Barbeque place called GOGI. Packing to head out tomorrow already. Nice to see you Dan. Vshadow.

Rode the bike home from Ryan's cycle in Ware, MA today. Felt so good to be riding I toyed with the idea of riding to work. An other step closer...

Put in my picks for vacation at work, looking at a May start for the trip need to get the packing list settled and some prep/check rides in.
Can anyone recommend a site to share and upload pictures to?

Put in my picks for vacation at work, looking at a May start for the trip need to get the packing list settled and some prep/check rides in.
Can anyone recommend a site to share and upload pictures to?

I use smugmug.com but google photos is free if you have a gmail account. I may start moving my stuff over.

I've used Flickr for a few years now and like the way they are organized. It's free.

I like it as well...but it is only free if you keep the size down. I went Flikr "Pro" to host the photos I've posted here and on a couple other websites. Shooting a couple of weddings really sent me over the "free" size limit. :rolleyes1:

Thanks for the tips. Been using Shutterfly and Photobucket and Picasa that has now morphed into Google photos. Was thinking about a last gen GoPro and uploading raw data each day til I had time to edit it all. Son gave me a small bound notebook to take with me with the words "write it down the old fashioned way."

Sometimes Photobucket can be cranky but that is what I use. I take pics on the road and then massage them, put them on photobucket, and save them on hard drives.....

Winter is back, bike is back in the garage. Still dreaming...

I like it as well...but it is only free if you keep the size down. I went Flikr "Pro" to host the photos I've posted here and on a couple other websites. Shooting a couple of weddings really sent me over the "free" size limit. :rolleyes1:

I have the free acct and I have about 500 pictures posted and I don't think I am close to my limit.

I have the free acct and I have about 500 pictures posted and I don't think I am close to my limit.

I have about 600. I shoot with a Sony DSLR so the combined individual picture file sizes drove me over the limit. If I edited them before I uploaded them it would probably help...:rolleyes1: But I prefer to let folks download the raw imagine and play with Photoshop themselves...

What do you think of the new website format? I would go back to the old in a heartbeat...

I have about 600. I shoot with a Sony DSLR so the combined individual picture file sizes drove me over the limit. If I edited them before I uploaded them it would probably help...:rolleyes1: But I prefer to let folks download the raw imagine and play with Photoshop themselves...

What do you think of the new website format? I would go back to the old in a heartbeat...

How do you check to see how much space you are using? I think I would prefer the old format also although this one isn't all that bad for the way I use the site.

It was under Tools...it's of the things I've haven't found in the new site layout...:rolleyes1:

On the Photobucket homepage in between the search box and the cart you will find a pull down menu for Profile, Settings, and Log out. The Account tab on the Settings page contains a bar graph of "Storage Used". Hope this helps.

I found a page of advertising for Flickr Pro that said the free version gives you a TB of space. My pics are about 4 MB each so a terabyte will gives me plenty of space. I looked under stats but all there is listed is this ad for Pro and Pro+.

Ordered a GoPro Session, it should arrive by the 11th of this month. Then put in for leave from 1 May till the first week of June and don't remember it getting turned down. So far the plan is to "start" in Newport, RI and stop at little brothers place. Kenmore Square in Boston west to Newport, OR via Yellowstone Park. Then up 101 to Roy, WA and middle brothers place and unload and ride the Cascades. Wife seems to think my "oldtimers" is kicking in hard. Having a tough time with the silly grin.

Sounds like a great expedition, Karl! If you get anywhere near Greeley (within a couple of hundred miles), let me know and I'll try to make connections with you.

I should / may be home in Bettendorf.. Iowa/Illinois border I-80 on the Mississippi, next to Le Claire..home of the American Pickers......Have tools Trailer space coffee if your route takes you through the corn fields! Have fun and ride safe..

Back
Top Bottom