Followup to Private Message

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
First, google "fjr subframe cracking" for a look at the sometimes problem.
Then the thread: http://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/154924-gen23-subframe-stiffy-kit-by-garauld/?hl=+subframe++crack#entry1099430

Touratech says the weight limit for their Yamaha luggage rack is 10 lbs. I figure that is a function of the subframe weight limit. If you are going load up a top case, the stiffy kit might be a pretty good idea.
I only load my top case with Bakery Items.:rofl1:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
So, Chuck and John, do either of you know anything about the Garauld Engineering sub-frame-strengthening mod? I carry heavier things than German cakes in my topcase. :)

Bike
2011 NT, 01 Ultra, 04 VLX
Phil, Are you air born? If that is a 14 for 11L the price is right even isf it is a A modle I am off to a meeting,'
Eldon

OP
OP
JohnC
Bike
2013 Yamaha FJR1300
So, Chuck and John, do either of you know anything about the Garauld Engineering sub-frame-strengthening mod? I carry heavier things than German cakes in my topcase. :)
Phil, I installed one. Gary does nice work. It is powder coated and judging from the work on the welding, he is not just slapping these together. Fit is excellent. Installation is a simple bolt on. Inobtrusive installation. An FJR noob probably would not notice. The hardest part is refitting the rear tupperware. It needs to go back just so or the tabs do not fit back together correctly.

Top Bottom