Game changer

At risk of repeating myself, I will never ride without a TPMS.
It has saved my three times with early warnings, all on the rear tyre.
I carry gummy worms, a small glue tube, small side-cut pliers, CO2 canisters and a hand pump (which works surprisingly well).
I have never had to use the canisters or pump for myself, only to help out a fellow rider.

Macka
Amen to the TPMS! I even got a TPMS for my vintage Yamaha XS650. TPMS.... Don't leave home without it!

Mike

Those screw in plugs remind me of those new-fangled sheetrock screws for hanging pictures... almost to the point that they look like those screws were coated in plasti-dip. Hmmmm... may be a low cost emergency solution. I may be throwing a few of those in my tool kit.

They came yesterday. I'll throw them in my tire plug kit and hope I never have to use them!

BTW, no offense and i dont know what your water conditions are like there but you need to do some serious trimming of those trees and thinning as well. I love my shredder. Six feet up or one third the tree height, which ever is larger. If you have a very large tree, I find it hard to go up more than 20 ft with my ladder and pole saw.......they call me Ole White Knuckle. I leave indentation marks in every ladder I climb.
At risk of repeating myself, I will never ride without a TPMS.
It has saved my three times with early warnings, all on the rear tyre.
I carry gummy worms, a small glue tube, small side-cut pliers, CO2 canisters and a hand pump (which works surprisingly well).
I have never had to use the canisters or pump for myself, only to help out a fellow rider.

Macka
Tell me about your hand pump. What size, how you carry it, brand, etc. DC pumps are bulky. Want a smaller solution, but not CO2.

I haven't seen the cheap-o Slime with mechanical air gauge and internal LED light, in a long time.

They currently make the Slime Compact with all you mentioned, sans the SAE battery tender lead. However, @ $20, it's less than half the cost of motorcycle branded air compressors. I recently bought one since it was so cheap. I had a spare SAE lead laying around, so I just snipped off the cigarette lighter style plug the compressor came with and soldered the SAE end on there. I already have a 15 amp fuse installed in the battery tender lead for heated gear.

slime - Copy.jpg

Lezyne makes very good bicycle pumps. Some are rated HV for larger bike tires. Will still take a little pumping for a motorcycle tire but no worries about draining a battery or a failed pump motor. They also pack small.

Lezyne makes very good bicycle pumps. Some are rated HV for larger bike tires. Will still take a little pumping for a motorcycle tire but no worries about draining a battery or a failed pump motor. They also pack small.

THAT’S why I love this forum! Lots of knowledge and great ideas, including these high quality hand bike pumps made by Lezyne. I found a “micro floor drive” high volume pump that will fit easily in my ‘Stich tank panniers at 11 3/4” long, and only 7.3 ounces!! It sells for $54.99 + shipping.
My 8 year old Slime pump is nearly 3 times the weight at 20.4 ounces.
I’m ordering the pump today, along with a pair of forged aluminum tire levers for only $14.95.
Thanks, Warren.

Tell me about your hand pump. What size, how you carry it, brand, etc. DC pumps are bulky. Want a smaller solution, but not CO2.
Besides the small
THAT’S why I love this forum! Lots of knowledge and great ideas, including these high quality hand bike pumps made by Lezyne. I found a “micro floor drive” high volume pump that will fit easily in my ‘Stich tank panniers at 11 3/4” long, and only 7.3 ounces!! It sells for $54.99 + shipping.
My 8 year old Slime pump is nearly 3 times the weight at 20.4 ounces.
I’m ordering the pump today, along with a pair of forged aluminum tire levers for only $14.95.
Thanks, Warren.
Like Warren said. I use the typical mini screw on slime type electric inflator, but I also carry one of the Lezyne low pressure high volume pumps.
a inflation.jpg

Chris- I should have known you would carry TWO pumps, one manual, and an electric. Redundancy is not only appropriate for aircraft, but motorcycles, too.

I've got one of these and have been very impressed so far. My only gripe is that I've got an expensive pressure gauge, this pump that shows pressure, and a TPMS, and none of them ever agree with each other.

Chris- I should have known you would carry TWO pumps, one manual, and an electric. Redundancy is not only appropriate for aircraft, but motorcycles, too.
Actually, on this last trip, I took all three of the pumps in the pic. The panniers and tank bag are big on this bike....and i didnt have to take much food as I only camped one night.
a room.jpg

I was roughing it for three nights in a Motel next to a Mexican eatery. The fire water and crab enchilada were great.
a roughing it.jpg

So, does the bike have a name like your FJR, DL650, and long-gone NT do?

For Yoda:
Sorry to take sooo long to answer your post of August the 20th.
My Honda has been in hibernation due to extended lock-downs here in Melbourne.
I have been unable to get it out of the hidey-hole until today.
I then needed to remove a couple of pieces so that I could take some pictures for you.
The pump is unbranded. I don't remember where I bought is but it was cheap, under US$7 IIRC.
It is secured along with a spare clutch lever next to where the ABS unit would go.
Also in there (in the pink plastic) is a spare MP3 player and a spare power supply for 12v to usb micro.
Macka 20211009_143322_resized.jpg20211009_143351_resized.jpg20211009_143041_resized_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom