Germany Defeats Japan (and England)

Bike
2010 Honda NT700VA
I've been very pleased with the interactions and info here on the NT forum for the last couple of years. But I have decided it was time for bigger sport-touring machine and needed to trade the NT to justify the new purchase. So I'll sadly be leaving this forum behind.

I looked at the larger Honda (ST13), the Kawasaki C14, the Yamaha FJR, and even the new Triumph Trophy. Nothing wrong with any of them but, in the end, the boys of Bavaria stole my heart with 2013 BMW K1600GT. Mine is Montego Blue.

BTW--I was able to get 8K for my 2010 NT (non-ABS) as a trade-in. Seemed fair and I didn't want to bother with trying to sell it on my own. Had just over 12k miles on it and a lot of farkles thanks to what I learned here.

Happy two-wheeling to all.:rofl1:

slider

Hopefully they don't steal your wallet next. Have a safe ride.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
That 1600 is an impressive bike.. congrats and let us know how you like it, there are many making that move. Sounds like a nice trade-in price.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
The big BMW won the Sport Touring "Shoot Out" in this months Rider magazine... Let us know how you like it! :D

Bike
2011 NT700VA, black
I went the other way and traded in an RT1200 for the NT. Absolutely nothing wrong with the RT except that, WOW, every time I brought the thing in for service!!!!! Averaging about 18,000 miles/year, let's just say...well, look at the avatar, I had to sell my suit to pay for the last service.

Last edited:
Bike
2013 FJR 1300
I went the other way and traded in an RT1200 for the NT. Absolutely nothing wrong with the RT except that, WOW, every time I brought the thing in for service!!!!! Averaging about 18,000 miles/year, let's just say...well, look at the avatar, I had to sell my suit to pay for the last service.
Plus it made you old and unfed :rofl1:

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
BTW--I was able to get 8K for my 2010 NT (non-ABS) as a trade-in. Seemed fair and I didn't want to bother with trying to sell it on my own. Had just over 12k miles on it and a lot of farkles thanks to what I learned here.

Happy two-wheeling to all.:rofl1:
That Red BMW 800 GT is still talking to me....
I am gonna have to get on cycletrader and see what they will be selling the NT for.....Lets see...there is a silver 2010 with 11000 miles at an Indianapolis BMW dealer for $9300, nicely equiped...
Hey, those marking on the tank look familiar somehow....
http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2010-Honda-NT700V-110190345

Last edited:

tawilke46

Wow! now you have the equivalent of 2 NT's in one bike!
Enjoy the new ride and let us know how you like it.
I looked at a few bikes today myself at the local BMW dealer. Like the new F800GT and F800R. Also liked the Aprilia 750 Shiver and the new Guzzi V7.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Wayne,
In this case there will be a big difference between "asking" and "getting"

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
"Bike," my favorite Brit-bike mag, says that the F800GT is a really nice bike that is really unequipped. No pannier mounts, no panniers, no centerstand, no heated grips, etc., etc., etc. By the time you add all that stuff it's not too far off the price of an R1200RT. But I like the way it looks.

tawilke46

I noticed today that the BMW F800GT on the floor had the "luxury package" costing $595. This included rails for side bags (but no bags), heated grips, centerstand, aux 12V outlet. Nothing luxury about any of that. Go figure.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Thanks, Phil...I would be interested in what they said about the bike...especially vibration .Frosty went to the Spokane Motorcycle show when I was in Canada at Figure skating worlds and the BMW folks had a "Show Special" price of $15800 on an "equipped" GT, IIRC. I think if you look at the dollar value of some bikes like this one, or the bigger Harleys, you would look somewhere else....If you buy these bikes, its cause you want them despite the price. I went to cycletrader and there are till new NT700vs , 2010s, in Red out there. For about $8700. After getting it home and farkling it up, that would still be under 10 grand(plus tax) and a heck of alot better value than the BMW, unless you just had to have the HP. Or, to put it another way, for $15,800 you can get a brand new ST1300 that is 10 times the bike the GT is. And it comes with a center stand. I am thinking that being 64, I should do something crazy like buy a WeeStrom and the BMW on the same day. What could they do to me? Make me an old man with bad knees and a bad back?
:rofl1:
"Bike," my favorite Brit-bike mag, says that the F800GT is a really nice bike that is really unequipped. No pannier mounts, no panniers, no centerstand, no heated grips, etc., etc., etc. By the time you add all that stuff it's not too far off the price of an R1200RT. But I like the way it looks.

androu

That K1600 looks to be the ultimate sport tourer, enjoy! You got a really good trade in price too, congrats!

Top Bottom