Germany Defeats Japan (and England)

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Usually when you get a good trade in price you don't get as good a deal on the purchase price. One way or the other the dealer has to make his money.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
well, he got 8k as the trade in value. that alone is more than people pay for used NT's. i'd say they gave you an excellent deal on that end to get you on the bmw - so congratulations there. i do think that dealer is going to have a hard time making money on the NT. but you never know, and not like it's your concern anymore! enjoy the new ride :)

tawilke46

Most dealers make around 10% on a motorcycle sale, according to my sources at my local BMW dealer.
That does not leave a lot of wiggle room.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
They make up for it on the price of service. Worked for a BMW Dealer when I was in college.

OP
OP
bikecyclerBen
Bike
2010 Honda NT700VA
OP
OP
bikecyclerBen
Bike
2010 Honda NT700VA
Here's an update on the beemer. Things that I liked better on my NT vs this luxury tourer:
(1) the NT has more up-front storage. Only two tiny fairing pockets on the K16. And one of those is reserved for MP3 connectivity with a foam insert and cable.
(2) It was easy to mount my izoom/expass (used alot for tollways here in the eastern states) on the NT. I still haven't found a permanent home for it yet on the K16. Windscreen compresses flatly to the front end after each shutdown. No room there.
(3) Throttle response. Yes, I said it. The K16 is ride by wire or egas. It's flippin touchy. And with all that power underneath me, that's taking some getting used to. But I'm sure I will. (Only 250 miles so far.)
(4) The ease of activating my heated seat (Corbin) and heated grips (factory option). Just hit the switch. On the K16, I have to hit "menu" scroll through options, and then scroll the wonder wheel up.
(5) I could relax a lttle on the NT :) but given what i had to pay for the beemer, I think it will take me some time to relax a bit on it. :)

All in all though, I don't regret the move. The K16 is an amazing machine.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
The Multistrada isnt a bad looking bike, but the WeeStrom speaks to me. As the BMW does.....
So many bikes, so little time left on earth....sigh.....
I am trying to stay away from the WeeStrom forums so I dont get hooked.....yet!
or, get that Multistrada that Tim saw and get the best of both worlds.

(FWIW, the Wee is a very comfortable bike.)

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Keep those cards and letters comming, Ben, we just love them....One thing I like about my NT over my 1000 cc Concours is that the NT doesnt constantly say, "Faster faster FASTER!. Its very happy at 70-75 mph where as the bigger bikes over 1,000 cc say"We are only doing 75???? You gotta be kidding me...admire the scenery for awhile and I will have us over 90 in NO TIME! And quit worrying about the trooper on his ST1300...."
Here's an update on the beemer. Things that I liked better on my NT vs this luxury tourer:
(1) the NT has more up-front storage. Only two tiny fairing pockets on the K16. And one of those is reserved for MP3 connectivity with a foam insert and cable.
(2) It was easy to mount my izoom/expass (used alot for tollways here in the eastern states) on the NT. I still haven't found a permanent home for it yet on the K16. Windscreen compresses flatly to the front end after each shutdown. No room there.
(3) Throttle response. Yes, I said it. The K16 is ride by wire or egas. It's flippin touchy. And with all that power underneath me, that's taking some getting used to. But I'm sure I will. (Only 250 miles so far.)
(4) The ease of activating my heated seat (Corbin) and heated grips (factory option). Just hit the switch. On the K16, I have to hit "menu" scroll through options, and then scroll the wonder wheel up.
(5) I could relax a lttle on the NT :) but given what i had to pay for the beemer, I think it will take me some time to relax a bit on it. :)

All in all though, I don't regret the move. The K16 is an amazing machine.

Top Bottom