Groundhog Posse

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
<sigh> I've had enough! I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore! This seems to be the winter that never ends! Snow, ice and artic chill... where does it end? So, I figgered I'd organize a posse to get that damned groundhog and get some decent riding weather... any takers?

Mike

Bike
2020 Kawasaki Versys
This winter has gotten to me more than usual also. I am definately ready for spring. Our weatherman is saying 60 deg this weekend so maybe that will help.
I can round up some shotgun shells if you want to to organize a stakeout.

Brad

bicyclist

I can round up some shotgun shells if you want to to organize a stakeout.
Wouldn't do you any good. The fat rat is smarter than the rest of us. He's snoozing through the winter in his warm bed.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Oddly enough, this kind of weather doesn't change the fact of global climate change.

Bike
2009 ex Mod white nt700va
Here in the uk I'm thinking of putting some of the hot air currently being emitted by our politicians into plastic bags inside my panniers and venturing out into the floods.
Nt700 VA8 jetski

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Did some grocery shopping and filled two gas cans for the snow blower. It appears that we will get hammered by this next winter storm. I sure hope this is the last one.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I think unless North Texas is in for one more surprise, we may be coming out of the woods where daytime temps are concerned.
Sorry everyone else is having such a rough go this year

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
The sun is shining in Rocky Ford and the temperature is all the way up to 32F!!

But it's still in the 20s in Fort Morgan and Limon (Limon is the half-way point in between Rocky Ford and Fort Morgan), so I doubt if I'll be riding home for the weekend.

Oh, well... Next week is looking good!

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Everyone in Nashville is so freaked out about the 1-3" we are supposed to be getting this afternoon that they closed schools as well as many businesses. The drive to work was like driving in a ghost town. The first day I have driven my car to work rather than ride the NT in two years. Tomorrow should be sunny with rising temperatures into the mid 40's so I will be back on the NT for my daily commute.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
Getting caught in Nashville rush hour is like being in hell with no fire insurance and that's when it's dry! I can't imagine the situation with snow and ice on the roads and interstates.

Sam:)
Its not as bad as Atlanta but its no walk in the park either.

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Here it's a no win situation. 20 years ago it was global cooling that the sweetie pies were afraid of. What's in the limelight now is global warming. When we Sheeple complain now, we are told that it's soooooooooo cold and setting records for cold weather BECAUSE of global warming. They have got all the bases covered so it's our fault anyway. By the way, the reports I see show some flawed science and outright lies to push an agenda.

Mike, you may be able to ride Sat and Sun since it may be in the high fifties.

Don't kill the groundhog, he's cute.

I think Sat and Sun may be a wee bit optimistic, Sam. I have about a 1/4 mile of gravel to traverse before hitting pavement. Most of the gravel is deeply shaded so it takes a while to thaw out. Sometime next week tho', I should be back on Traveller. Another month or so and I'll be ready for a trip to Carthage!

Mike

OP
OP
mikesim

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
Getting caught in Nashville rush hour is like being in hell with no fire insurance and that's when it's dry! I can't imagine the situation with snow and ice on the roads and interstates.

I've often wondered about that! Nashville isn't that big of a city, but it sure has some horrendous traffic at times... whyiszat?

Mike

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Oddly enough, this kind of weather doesn't change the fact of global climate change.
The global ecosystem conditions my great grand parents, and grand parents, experienced was weather... I'm currently seeing climate....:wink: And the "climate" here in North Georgia is truly an example of a "Little Ice Age"...:rolleyes1: So I'm hoping for a "climate change" that includes some "atmospheric warming" this weekend...:smile:

Cabin Fever and Wikipedia can be an interesting combination....:D

Last edited:

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
well, we're getting 12-16" dumped on us tomorrow (7am Thur to 7am Fri). so winter shall continue here for awhile.
doesn't bother me though. think i'll go skiing friday.

Top Bottom