Hand Guards as Wind Deflectors: CycleGear Trackside Brush Guards

kenstone

I have a CB+4 in the garage I bought months ago.
I'm thinking I need to drag it out and give it a try.
Any nearby good riding places have been snowed on already, and riding the flat/straight roads in the valley aren't worth suiting up for.
I might just ride the dirty bike on some dirt roads though, as it might get up to 45 degrees on Turkeyday.

Bike
2010 Red NT700
I bought mine today and installed them right away. Unlike the other guys, I installed the mounting bars under the handlebars. Got a cleaner look that way.
I like the idea of being able to take them off and on at will (with a $20 investment) rather than the permanent, $150 setup from Honda. I also feel the OEM deflectors detract from the overall look of the fairing and turn signals
Just a personal observation
I may try them out tomorrow on the commute
Last day before the arctic blast hits

OP
OP
Comanche
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
I'm using them now on a long trip. I just finished Day 3 of a 13 day ride and am very happy so far - - but it hasn't been anything more than nippy so far.

Bike
2011 Black NT700VA
I don't know if anyone even cares to see this thread resurrected, but maybe someone wants some more info...

Anyway, as I commute daily in Kentucky on my NT, I took the advice of this thread and got some of the Trackside brushguards (including removing the sticker and electrical taping the holes) and have been pleased. I have the kemimoto 30mm bar risers mentioned on another thread, stock handlebars, and a CB(+something, I don't know it was installed when I purchased the bike) windshield.

I had to mount them upside down, like others, but I didn't like having to mount the actual guards upside down, so I attacked it with a Dremel tool and cut slots into them so I could mount them upright. It took 30-45 min to get it right, but I've only used a Dremel like thrice, so YMMV. You may think it looks dumb, that's okay. I like the shape of them upright, haha, and I feel like they deflect the air a little better. I commuted yesterday morning about 30 minutes in 35-40 degree temps (85% highway speeds) with just those and some Mechanix Wear Wind Resistant Winter gloves and my hands were only mildly uncomfortable by the end.

At full lock when my CB is in anything but top position (5), they gently tickle the windshield. All the way down to 1 isn't bad, but 3 it's a fairly aggressive tickle. 5 it is maybe a mm or two from touching.

Attachments

can you post a picture from the front, I like the idea, just want to see what it looks like from the front. thanks

Top Bottom