Handlebar Option!

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Handlebar and Riser Option!

At this time I'm having custom handlebars made, specs are 1 inch higher, 7 degrees more pullback angle, stock is 23 degrees custom 30 degrees, (equals about 1.5"more pullback) with 5 degrees grip end drop(stock is no drop).These are there Mid Riser Bars customized also there Pre-Unit Bars would work and could be customized too.
These custom bars are made by Zombie Performance in Oregon and can be made to the specs you want.
If anyone is interested I can post pics and more info on the custom bars and a stock comparison when I get them?
Web link https://www.zombieperformance.com/Mid-Rise-Bars-midrisebar.htm

Last edited:
OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Just got my Zombie Performance Custom Handlebars here's some pics just out the box matched up will the Stock bars.
002 (800x450).jpg 003 (450x800).jpg004 (800x450).jpg 005 (800x450).jpg
003.jpg 003.jpg008 (800x450).jpg

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Those look good, Daryl! Will the original clutch and throttle cables work?

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Those look good, Daryl! Will the original clutch and throttle cables work?
They fit really nice its like they was made for the bike, the stock bars the switch gear and levers touch tank or dash if not prefectly adjusted its all super tight, these's custom bars there is plenty of clearance on the tank and dash. I got them on late and it got dark on me so I will check to see how tight the clutch cable and brake line are, throttle cables seem to be fine,I think it all going to work,stay tune!

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Here are some pics of The Zombie Custom Handlebars installed on the bike, 004.jpg 006.jpg014.jpg 016.jpg017.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
How does it change the feel for you?
I have not really got to ride it yet, should be a lot better on my hands and wrist, also changing the grip should be a big plus too the stock Honda grips a terrible, got a 500 plus mile ride on Saturday report on it Sunday!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Do the wind deflectors still move air away from your hands? I've got tank bag that the stock bars sometimes contacts when I'm at full lock. It looks your bars would give it more clearance. It also looks as if you're using bar risers with the new bars, Is that correct?

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Do the wind deflectors still move air away from your hands? I've got tank bag that the stock bars sometimes contacts when I'm at full lock. It looks your bars would give it more clearance. It also looks as if you're using bar risers with the new bars, Is that correct?
No Bar Risers, that was the reason of having custom bars made, I don't care for using adapter risers with the extra long mounting bolts. Hands are about at the level they was with stock bars with the 1 inch risers installed. A lot better clearance with the Zombie bars however I don't use a tank bag, I will let you know how the wind deflectors work with theses bars after I get to ride it this Saturday but they should work fine. I thought the stock bars with the 1 inch risers worked fine.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Daryl, I've got stock bars with one inch risers and the deflectors work fine for me.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Daryl, I've got stock bars with one inch risers and the deflectors work fine for me.

Phil the Zombie Performance Custom Bar fit the bike nice they work good with the air deflectors for the hands, if you went 1 more inch higher your knuckles would be just getting in the air stream, with these's bars I'm guessing without the defectors you maybe in the wind just a bit?
After riding 540 miles on this past weekend trip I could not be happier The Zombie bars are much more comfortable on my hands and wrist than the stock bars with or without the 1 inch risers.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Thanks for the info, Daryl. It's a option I may think about.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Thanks for the info, Daryl. It's a option I may think about.
Phil if you do Steffan at ZP has all the measurements from the stock NT handlebars I sent him and also the specs for the bar he made for me(I have the specs on both bars to) So he knows all about them. There not cheap like store bought handlebars there alot thicker steel .120 thickness and custom specs, another note I studied every bar I could find and none of them would fit our bike right thats why I went custom spec.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA
I've got this thread bookmarked. I've got Motorcycle Larry risers and a new throttle cable waiting in the wings, but I think I may go with this bar instead. It's cleaner than risers. I like the black, too. Thanks for spearheading this, Daryl, and sharing with us.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
My wrists and forearms get very sore fairly quickly with the stock bars....do you think your custom spec bars would help alleviate this?
This custom bar took care of all my hand and wrist pain, now if your under 6 ft tall like me there is still a little reach to the bars so you still need to lean forward a slight bit for total elbow and forearm comfort but a lot better than the stock bars even with risers. I believe I got the best fitting handlebars possible for this bike.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
I've got this thread bookmarked. I've got Motorcycle Larry risers and a new throttle cable waiting in the wings, but I think I may go with this bar instead. It's cleaner than risers. I like the black, too. Thanks for spearheading this, Daryl, and sharing with us.
First of all your welcome, with the custom bars with my specs all the stock cables and lines work, the clutch cables seems to be about at it's limit, but the clutch works just as smooth as with the stock bars when it needs replaced I may or may not get a longer cable

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
A note: My custom bars to my specs came out to be 30 inches wide stock is 28 inches you can cut off a inch off each side to make it 28 inches or do what I did and run the grips in a inch and leave extra inch at the end witch might help for protection if the bike falls over.

Top Bottom