Handlebar Option!

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
This custom bar took care of all my hand and wrist pain, now if your under 6 ft tall like me there is still a little reach to the bars so you still need to lean forward a slight bit for total elbow and forearm comfort but a lot better than the stock bars even with risers. I believe I got the best fitting handlebars possible for this bike.
Here are some pics with me on the bike showing the riding position with The custom ZP bars. P1020049.jpg P1020053.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
Bloom Red 2010 NT700v
Daryl, have you noticed any difference in vibration in the bars? I assume there are no weights in the ZP bars. I like the black finish. Very nice.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Daryl, have you noticed any difference in vibration in the bars? I assume there are no weights in the ZP bars. I like the black finish. Very nice.
You know I thought vibrations would be bad without any weights and you know I can't tell any difference rode 540 miles this past weekend and it was no ill efects from it. You could take out the stock weights and install them in theses bars without much trouble just need to drill the small pilot holes to hold the locking clips in place, also theres a aftermarket bar weight company I was looking at before I'll see if I can find a link to the company. dont know for sure if I will use weights or not?

Here's the link its Sato Racing Handlebar Ends with Inter Weight Inserts
http://satoracing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=801

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Daryl, I've got a Throttlemeister throttle lock on my bike and it came with a heavier left-side bar end weight. I don't notice much vibration with the stock bars with the Throttlemeister. Your bars look good!

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Daryl, I've got a Throttlemeister throttle lock on my bike and it came with a heavier left-side bar end weight. I don't notice much vibration with the stock bars with the Throttlemeister. Your bars look good!
Throttlemeister is nice, may just go with a Vista Cruse throttle lock, I've used a few and like how they are easy to lock down with your thumb.Not sure what I will do about bar end weights since vibrations surprisingly is not to bad? Thanks for the comments Phil I like the looks and the way the fit turned out.

Bike
2011 NT700V, 2010 F650GS
Thanks for posting . . . looking for a similar solution to bars that are just too low, and hit the tank on u-turns.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Thanks for posting . . . looking for a similar solution to bars that are just too low, and hit the tank on u-turns.
Theses handle bars fit perfect, they clear every thing well are not to high where your hands would be it the air stream and all the stock cables and lines reach.

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
I got my Bar Ends and vibration insert weights today from Sato Racing there really nice, will install tomorrow and give them a test ride with a full report till them here is some pics.

Attachments

Last edited:

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
Daryl - not related to the topic but I understand you have attained regional (or national?) fame as a barbecue chef. Good for you! :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Daryl - not related to the topic but I understand you have attained regional (or national?) fame as a barbecue chef. Good for you! :smile:
:redface:

No I don't think its all that at all! I do know a few, and try to learn from the best. "Got to eat let's learn to cook"

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
My handlebar mods are complete with my custom Zombie Performance bars! I did all I could to cut down on vibrations including filling the bars with silicone, and the Sato Racing bar ends and insert weights seem to do as good of job as the stock Honda inserts and weights, the Oury Grips are much more comfortable than the stock grips. All my time and money was well worth it, however the vibration is still there its just not as bad and I can stand what I got now with the throttle lock I'll be able to do long distances without a problem and my hands and arms are much more comfortable with the custom bar bends compared to the stock bars. Here is a final pic.008.jpg

Reactions: Avi

Sunny

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700VA, R1150GS
Interesting. How easy / difficult was to change the bars (specially the grips)? Also, can you post the dimensions of the handle bar.

Looking at your pics, I realized that I may need the bar pull back angel decreased. My wrist outer area push against the bar, so I end up having pain in those areas.

Any way to get reduce the handle angle? OR custom bar is the way?

Anyone have experience with these super adjustable handlebars?

Top Bottom