Heli Bars/clutch cable

Bike
2010 NT700, silver
Just picked my bike up from having the HeliBar riser installed. The mechanic apparently dismantled the bike to get to the cables...Total bill was $890.00...yikes! which was a couple hundred more than I had anticipated....but includes 2 new Avon "Road Rider" tires, new rear brake pads and fresh brake fluid which had never been done. So, I'm ready for my trip tomorrow AM.
The new riding position feels great, eager to see how I feel after riding all day. Only negatives; The Honda wind deflectors were great with the handlebars in the stock position....not effective any more. The brake line extension is fugly....and in the way....I'll be looking to replace the brake line to get rid of the extension piece that came in the HeliBar kit.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700
Yes the extension isn't the prettiest of solutions.
The front brake line on ABS bikes runs into a square union box. If you have an ABS model, you will need a custom made brake line with the correct threaded end to mate to the union box.

I suspect a custom made extension with the right fitting may have been to pricey for Helibars to include for the ABS models. Let us know if you get a quote for an ABS OEM replacement.
Just picked my bike up from having the HeliBar riser installed. The mechanic apparently dismantled the bike to get to the cables...Total bill was $890.00...yikes! which was a couple hundred more than I had anticipated....but includes 2 new Avon "Road Rider" tires, new rear brake pads and fresh brake fluid which had never been done. So, I'm ready for my trip tomorrow AM.
The new riding position feels great, eager to see how I feel after riding all day. Only negatives; The Honda wind deflectors were great with the handlebars in the stock position....not effective any more. The brake line extension is fugly....and in the way....I'll be looking to replace the brake line to get rid of the extension piece that came in the HeliBar kit.

Bike
2010 NT700, silver
I do not have the ABS model....hind sight, wish I had sought one out....anyway, I plan to check into getting a new brake line.
After picking the bike up on Saturday, I left late Sunday morning on my trip....the new riding position made a huge difference, no fore arm discomfort at all.
The Air Hawk seat cushion was a huge help on day one...day 2 I started getting numb in the back side tried adding a little air to the seat cushion which helped a little but still had to move around on the seat to get some relief.

Bike
2010 NT700, silver
I thought that maybe some had leaked out...but after my brief ride yesterday I'm not so sure....anyway, Like you said, sometimes less is more...I'll get it figured out...it sure made a big difference on the initial 500 miles of this trip...3/4 way through day 2 and the improvement was so great anymore....sometimes you just can't help it when arse-fatigue sets in!

Bike
2010 NT700, silver
The AirHawk cushion was a good investment...actually had no discomfort at the end of my first day...500 miles, halfway through the 2nd day I started having problems...added air, released air...just taking more breaks helped the most....the Helibar kit was also a good investment...the new riding position completely cured the discomfort in my fore arm...the hand cramping was better too....probably from reduced pressure on the hands. I was told that the NT kit has been discontinued...so if you are thinking about getting it...keep that in mind. The only negative about the Helibar kit is the brake line extender...I'm going to start looking for a replacement brake line to get rid of the 6" extender...it's not very attractive.

Top Bottom