Hjc symax ii

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
You've got the Symax II, Karl, I had the plain ol' Symax.

My Schuberth visor has closed in a gusty crosswind; my Nolan N-103 never did. But the Schuberth is quiter by a couple of magnitudes. Even if the Nolan stayed closed 100% of the time according to the Sharp ratings and the Schuberth only did 98% of the time.

Back about 13 years ago my ex-wife and her partner crashed a Goldwing at about 75mph. They had on open-faced helmets and no other gear. My ex- called me and asked if I'd come to the ER (three days after our divorce was final) because they had just moved and didn't know anyone in their new town. I went and saw her arm after she slid down the highway on it and was really, really grateful that it wasn't her face that looked like that. She was and is a pretty woman. I think she was very lucky to still have a chin.

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Hope for the best plan for the worst. Never dreamed I would get this old.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I planned on getting this old; just never knew it would feel like this. :)

OP
OP
karl

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Three years is a bit short a time to retire a helmet. I decided to due to abuse I heaped on the lid over that time. The final insult was having the helmet blow off the seat of the bike and land in some rocks down slope from the bike. I would buy the same lid if I could find it. I did buy a new SyMax III to replace it. I grew up with Grandparents an ocean away that would send packages carefully tied with string. My dad would untie these and wrap it up for later use. I really don't know if I could have made the same decision with a lid that cost me almost a grand. I am determined to take better care of the new one.

Top Bottom