Home Tire Inflation

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
What happened to using an old fashioned tire pump. Nothing could be much easier or less expensive for home use. I was pumping up the front tire on my NT when a boy around 8 walked up an started watching me. He asked what I was doing. I said I was putting air in my tire. He asked how I was doing it. He had never seen a tire pump before. I guess me and the pump belong in the museum.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I do use the 5gal tank when using my airbrush. It lasts for quite a while when regulated down to 20psi for painting. And is a lot quieter than having a compressor blaring.
Semi-Off Topic Question: How do you keep the moisture out, are you running an in-line filter on the air tank? I would prefer to keep it quiet when using my airbrush...

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
I do have a pressure regulator with oil trap. I don't worry about moisture as I use water based paints.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I get all my cheap stuff like that at harbor freight.
The Harbor Freight near me is a weird one... Lots of "Buffalo" brand disposable tools, huge air compressors, professional sized auto lifts, and lots of odd cheap, off shore, "stuff", but very little good stuff. They probably have less than half of what is in the monthly advertisements in the magazines. They have never had the motorcycle lift, like Chuck's, in stock...just a broken down display one with parts missing and a very leaky pump! I go Ace Hardware since the staff is helpful and knowledgeable, they have a great selection, and it is owned by a local family. I don't want to see Home Despot as my only close by choice so I pay a little bit more to use Ace....

bicyclist

What happened to using an old fashioned tire pump. Nothing could be much easier or less expensive for home use. I was pumping up the front tire on my NT when a boy around 8 walked up an started watching me. He asked what I was doing. I said I was putting air in my tire. He asked how I was doing it. He had never seen a tire pump before. I guess me and the pump belong in the museum.
:rofl1: And the kids want to know why they call it "dialing" a number.

Bike
choosing
I have a Campbell-Hausfield (I think that is how it is spelled) that I bought
at Mall Wart a LONG time ago. It is 110 volts. I paid about 35 dollars for
the thing. I has been worth its weight in gold. I use it for everything, even
the tires on my pressure washer.

Joe

Top Bottom