Honda in the future....

I'm sorry it wouldn't open and I should have gone a few steps further. :mad:

Honda's long range plans is to branch off in different directions and not always automotive or motorcycle based. On a side note, a lot of the longtime employees in Japan have taken an "early out" retirement package. And Tokyo Prefecture has already outlawed or disallowed the use of ICE vehicles by 2030, which is only 8 yrs away!

• Lean on General Motors for EV help with such entries as the 2024 Honda Prologue electric crossover
  • Introduce EVs on Honda’s own dedicated platform in latter half of 2020s, along with solid-state batteries
  • Derive 40% of North American sales from EVs/FCVs by 2030, 80% by 2035 and 100% by 2040
  • Open the door to partnerships or capital tie-ups, even outside the auto industry
  • Develop carbon-neutral power businesses centered on hydrogen fuel cell technologies
  • Branch into eVTOL with the goal to commercialize the aircraft by 2030
  • Expand into resuable rockets to put satellites into low-Earth orbit

Last edited:
If anyone can succeed, Honda can. Right now they make business jets, lawn mowers, generators, bikes and cars and who knows what? But you gotta think big.
I did get a kick out of this meme today....I wonder how EVs will work in Minnesota when the temp drops and the winds blow and you are stuck in traffic? I suppose you can carry a Honda generator!
aaa electric cars.jpg

Honda can do anything.....I have a generator, a car, and a motorcycle. No Honda jet yet.
Ruriko.jpg

I question Honda's wisdom to "lean on GM". I haven't seen much coming from the General lately that Honda would want to emulate. I know that everyone is jumping on the EV bandwagon lately as it seems that is the unquestioned future. I remain skeptical as I have not seen any technology battery wise that could come anywhere near competing with the ICE range and energy density. There are still too many pitfalls to the EV in the US and major markets. I think that long term, hydrogen power is much more practical.

JMHO,

Mike

If anyone can succeed, Honda can. Right now they make business jets, lawn mowers, generators, bikes and cars and who knows what? But you gotta think big.
I did get a kick out of this meme today....I wonder how EVs will work in Minnesota when the temp drops and the winds blow and you are stuck in traffic? I suppose you can carry a Honda generator!
View attachment 18752
When I had my my Zero SR I tried it (a.k.a. Range Entender).

IMG_6764.JPG

I question Honda's wisdom to "lean on GM". I haven't seen much coming from the General lately that Honda would want to emulate. I know that everyone is jumping on the EV bandwagon lately as it seems that is the unquestioned future. I remain skeptical as I have not seen any technology battery wise that could come anywhere near competing with the ICE range and energy density. There are still too many pitfalls to the EV in the US and major markets. I think that long term, hydrogen power is much more practical.

JMHO,

Mike
GM is swinging for the bleachers and is in partnership with other companies, some of which are in Japan. If they can pull this off, it will be huge.

Maybe, just maybe, some of GM's styling capability will creep in to Honda as well.🙄 If there is an automotive "bland brand" it is Honda. We looked at a Pilot and it had the most boring interior on the market except maybe the Ridgeline. Oh wait a minute...a Ridgeline is a Pilot after a hack job....another styling faux pas. 🤔

View attachment 18752

As they guy next to you runs out of gas and asks to sit in your back seat to warm up because he didn't fill up and you have a full charge.
It's all relative.

We here in SoCal are seeing gas prices hovering very close to $5/gal for Regular 87. Mid-grade 89 and Premium 92 are over that threshold. At these price some people will have to take out a second mortgage on their homes to just be able to afford to drive into work everyday.

I haven’t seen any changes in peoples driving habits. I personally do not go out unless I have too. Working from home for the past 2 years has helped reduce my monthly fuel cost. However, these increases with these prices will nullify those savings.

Relative indeed…

Last edited:
Our unleaded here in Greeley, CO, is down to $3.08/gallon.

I started reading a book about old farm tractors. It starts off talking about tractors replacing horses. Of course there were a bunch of non-believers. Kind of like us converting from internal combustion to electric.
Many things are different about this today, the time frame, it is more or less being legislated into action instead of free trade ideas, etc.

I'm not saying we won't go electric in a big way, but I can't see it in the short time frame that is being put out. Just doesn't look reasonable. I kind of like the "idea" of electric but for many uses it is still an idea.

Brad

Here in Melbourne, OZ, petrol (gas to you) is currently around US$4.23 per US gallon, down from US$6.68 a week ago.

Macka
With all due respect of course. You guys and Europe cannot weigh in regarding this discussion.

You guys have been selling gasoline, petrol, or petroleum distillate by the liter (33.8 FL OZ) and were always equal to about $6-7 USD per US Gallon (3.78L). :shrug2:

California fuel has always been more expensive than the rest of the other US States. California adds additional additives and far more ethanol added to the fuel mix, up to 20% to minimize vehicle emissions and we have high fuel taxes than all the other States as well. We also have the worse highway and road conditions too, go figure. 🤔

giphy.gif

Swinging for the bleachers indeed! I wish them well, but I wouldn't bet the farm....

Mike
They are betting the farm. We have lots of lithium (hint: buy land around Winnemmuca NV) but the Chinese control the Cobalt. If they can do away with much of the cobalt, or even go to another technology, we are all the better for it.

With all due respect of course. You guys and Europe cannot weigh in regarding this discussion.

You guys have been selling gasoline, petrol, or petroleum distillate by the liter (33.8 FL OZ) and were always equal to about $6-7 USD per US Gallon (3.78L). :shrug2:

California fuel has always been more expensive than the rest of the other US States. California adds additional additives and far more ethanol added to the fuel mix, up to 20% to minimize vehicle emissions and we have high fuel taxes than all the other States as well. We also have the worse highway and road conditions too, go figure. 🤔

giphy.gif
Did something change? As of Sept 2019, CARB says 0-10 percent ethanol.

Any pump in WA that says "Contains Ethanol" can have up to 10 percent. Any pump that has E15 and up is so marked as such. Many cars. motorcycles and lawn mowers, etc are placarded for only up to E10. We do have flex fuel pumps but they are also so marked.

Back
Top Bottom