Hondaline topbox vs Givi, et al

slider

I bought all the fancy options but opted for the JCW case and some paint. I had to draw the line somewhere. When I saw that the JCW looked to sit nicer than the rest I figured any box looks goofy so why not save some $$$?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Give Twisted Throttle a call. They can tell you what you need to mount your Givi to the NT.

Seabee Rick

I have a Givi V46 on a red NT. The cover is color matching and looks great on the bike. Build quality and fitment with the Givi monokey mount is secure and vibration free. Much better deal all around compared to the Honda box and mount

Bike
2010 Red NT700V
I have the Honda box and am very happy with it. It is made by Givi. The way Honda sets up their box, it moves around (slides back and forth about 1/2"). Not sure if the Givi is set up this way... I just added a few washers and buttoned it down.
The Honda box can be pricey. My local dealer, Palmdale Honda, sold me the complete set up installed for $400.
I just pick up the Admore lights and plan to have them installed this weekend...

Bike
Silver NT700V
I have the JC Whitney version. It is very similar to Bestem I believe. All told, I have about $125 in it. Very pleased so far. The JCW is well made of thick plastic. It has never leaked. It came open once but I had failed to latch it correctly (operator error).

Bike
11VStrom650 & 16Tiger800
I'm looking at a Bestem T-Box, anyone have any experience with them?
Just installed the Bestem 929 T-Box on my NT last weekend. Went on fairly quickly since had experience putting one on my 650 v-strom. I am very pleased with these top boxes. They accommodate my modular HJC helmet. Most of the large top boxes advertise they'll hold a full faced helmet but my modular is just a tad larger than some full faced helmets. The first bestem came without lights and ordered them later. The second one was ordered with all the lights. I'm really pleased with these boxes as the lights are really bright hopefully keeping someone from rear ending me. Paid $130 with free shipping.

Wanda P.

Frosty

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Triumph 900GT
I finally went with a Givi V46 over the Honda. The Monokey baseplate allows you to put different top boxes on the motorcycle. Also if you have more than one bike, it is easier to swap top boxes.

Bike
2013 FJR 1300
There is a Givi adapter specifically for the NT. My bike came with one. But I chose to adapt an existing ST1300 Hondaline box I already had, so I'm sort of not using it. "Sort of" because I used a couple of the Givi adapter parts in mounting the ST1300 plate.

Bike
2010 NT700v Metallic Red
Just installed the Bestem 929 T-Box on my NT last weekend. Went on fairly quickly since had experience putting one on my 650 v-strom. I am very pleased with these top boxes. They accommodate my modular HJC helmet. Most of the large top boxes advertise they'll hold a full faced helmet but my modular is just a tad larger than some full faced helmets. The first bestem came without lights and ordered them later. The second one was ordered with all the lights. I'm really pleased with these boxes as the lights are really bright hopefully keeping someone from rear ending me. Paid $130 with free shipping.

Wanda P.
Great, thanks, I just wanted to be sure they were not junk...just ordered mine from Amazon for $113 with the light & mounting kits included and free shipping. :)

gssurfer

I ended up with purchasing the GIVI as it can be moved to another bike someday.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
I will probably opt for Givi as I think about this more. It just makes sense as you'll see.

My current ride is a Burgman 400. I'm not planning to get rid of it. It has a Givi e470 box. If I'm riding the NTV, I'm not riding the Burgman...so with top boxes taking perhaps 1-2 minutes max to swap out, why not just get what is needed to mount it to the NTV. Any ideas of what that would be?

And if those parts cost too much, I'll probably go with a Bestem or JCWhitney top box. The price is inexpensive and the boxes do what you ask them to do.

Chris
Givi makes mounting plates specifically matched for some bikes. The NT is one of them. There are also other manufacturers, such as SW-Motech that make plates specific to a bike that can accomodate the various brands of top cases.

I had the NT-specific Givi mounting plate on my NT for my E55 Maxia. When I got the tiger Explorer, Givi did not have a mounting plate so I bought the SW-Motech so I could transfer the case to the new bike.

Everything was sourced from Twisted Throttle.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
that's the trekker cases, which are sold in the states. the trekker OUTBACK series is the new one, and not currently sold here.
you'd think they would give it a name to set it apart a little better, right? sheesh...

tawilke46

I was pricing a set of Givi Trekker from Twisted Throttle yesterday for my Wee.......very pricey. Decided on the D28 and D38 DrySpec bags instead. I think these bags will do me for any trips I may make.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Here is what I outfitted my Wee with. Keyless Combos. And an E-460 top box that does double duty on my NT also.

Last edited:
Bike
Silver NT700V
Not sure what the Bestem mounting plat actually looks like. If it is like the one that came with my JC Whitney, I had only to use some bushings, sourced from Ace Hardware, to stand it off the rear cover, and drill two holes in it for the forward moounting screws. It was actually fairly simple.

Top Bottom