I didn't do it....would you???

elizilla

I did do it. But I had no issues with the power of the NT or the sounds it made. I just moved to the Super10 because, when I compared my personal checklist to both bikes, the Super10 ticked every box the NT did, it offered a huge ergonomic improvement for me, and I have an irrational love of giant traillies. Other people's mileage will obviously vary, because other people have different body sizes and shapes, and different taste in bikes.

elizilla

I'm really torn because when I get on the ST1300 I feel like I should sell the Tenere and when I get on the Tenere I feel I should sell the ST1300.. LOL..
That happens to me as well. When people ask me which of my motorcycles I like the best, I always say that my favorite is the one that I happen to be riding at that moment. And it's true. From the point of view of the seat of any bike I have owned, I can't imagine why I need the others.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I'll stick to the NT. Seems like the more miles it gets on the clock, the smoother it gets. Running at 4000 RPM it just humms. Besides, it is all set up for me with the seat, handlebar height, and peg height--along with all the other stuff. It is still in showroom condition. It also seems smoother since the 8000 mile valve adjustment--also got new spark plugs and the PR-3s.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
When I made the decision to purchase the NT I looked at all the larger sport touring bikes available. It was clear however that they all offered more than I needed. Once I saw a blurb on the NT in a magazine I knew it was exactly what I was looking for and I have not been disappointed. So no, even with an even trade I would not trade in my NT for the ST.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I was intrigued by the Deauville 650 when I found it on the European Honda website in about 2000 or 2001. When the NT700V Deauville was announced in 2006, I fell in love with its looks and its apparent practicality and versatility.

Then in 2008, I went "Over the Pond" as a Tag-a-long rider to the GCE Rally in Switzerland (GCE means GTR Club Europe; it's the European equivalent of the Concour Owners Group). I got to sit on an NT700V at the Honda dealer in Mannheim, Germany, and fell in love with the bike. I was surprised that I didn't see (or notice, one or the other) a single Deauville while riding 3800 miles through Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, the Czech Republic, Austra, Switzerland, and Licthenstein.

When Big Red finally announced that they were going to import the NT to the US in 2010, I knew I'd be buying one. When I pulled the trigger, I started the process of making it exactly the bike I wanted. I'll probably tweak it a few more times before we're done, but I've finally got the bike I've been wanting since I started riding in 1997.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I solved my dilemma of which bike to own for what purpose. For the my trip down thru Texas that I am on now, the ST got the call.

Each one has a particular job to do.

See my Sig block.

Top Bottom