I thought I'd just Sip the EV Kool-Aid.

Finally received the paper work for our license plates today so we headed for DMV. It seems that Georgia caught on fast and has imposed a $200.00 annual fee on electric vehicle plates to make up for the road taxes I'd be paying if I were buying dinosaur juice. I don't have any objection to that fee as I do use the roads. But that is just another line in the real costs of going to an EV. This is not an inexpensive proposition when you start adding up all the real costs... :rolleyes:

I am excited to see what Honda will offer us concerning electric motorcycles. Suppose their offerings do not tickle my fancy. I will be taking a serious look at Energica Experia.

The 2015 Zero SR I purchased was $21k with a few factory accessories such as a Power Tank (Additional 2.5kWh Battery Pack) and a home DC Quick Charger.

The $25k price tag for the Engerica Experia is not that bad, taking inflation for the last eight years since I purchased the Zero.

I am excited to see what Honda will offer us concerning electric motorcycles. Suppose their offerings do not tickle my fancy. I will be taking a serious look at Energica Experia.

The 2015 Zero SR I purchased was $21k with a few factory accessories such as a Power Tank (Additional 2.5kWh Battery Pack) and a home DC Quick Charger.

The $25k price tag for the Engerica Experia is not that bad, taking inflation for the last eight years since I purchased the Zero.
Suppose I was to configure this bike as I would at the time of purchase. This is how it would be.

1679524898171.png

Germany has altered its edict of no-ICEs after 2035 if they run on renewable fuel.

I saw that the other day. Germany is not alone as there are other EU countries that will be jumping on that bandwagon. It will be interesting to see how the EU handles it. I also read where California received a waiver from the EPA that will allow them to ban diesel powered commercial vehicles for last mile delivery beginning in 2030. A full ban on diesels will begin in 2035. California hasn't said how they plan to supply power for recharging however. Political ambition is about to collide with engineering reality me thinks.

Mike

Don't see the Range listed.
Most reviewers of this bike claim 130 miles at Highway speeds, and 260 miles within the city.
In comparison, the Zero SR I had got 80-85 miles at SoCal highway speeds of 80 MPH. If this gives you any prospective.

Back
Top Bottom