In the Shop...

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Chuck (and Ken), I ordered the Triumph fork gaitors from Bike Bandit tonight. I'll try to pick a Friday in March when we can get together and get 'em installed.

Ken, have you ordered them yet. From Bike Bandit, they were just a bit over $60 with ground shipping.

What kind of desert are we going to have, Chuck??

OP
OP
Phil Tarman

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I picked the NT up this afternoon. They did all of the work except for the fork seals and bushings, which was OK, since when I took it in, I hadn't known that I was going to be leaving it so long and hadn't taken the roller bearings for the headset. When the get the bushings, I'll take it back in and spend the day sitting and waiting on it to get fixed.

Using Bike Bandit's parts prices, I walked away with $1,014.51 cents worth of new parts + 2.5 hours of labor at $90/hr + 3 qts of HP coolant. I know Honda doesn't charge themselves that much for the parts, but I sure am glad I had the extended warranty. It definitely paid for itself.

Nic, my favorite wrench at Sun Honda told me that the muffler was cracked at the front end and that the catalytic converter was rattling when he shook it. He said I ought to notice improved rideability and gas mileage. I can't tell that from the trip home from the shop.

I wandered over to the sales side and they had a brand-new red 2010 NT priced at $9999. Since they sold me my ABS version in 2010 for $9550, I'm pretty sure they'd deal on this one. It had 1 mile on the odometer and sure was pretty. If anyone who reads this decides to go look at it, ask for Scott Zess and tell him I sent you. I don't think that would cost you anything. Scott sold me my first Concours back in March of '99 and was the assistant service manager for the last few years. He just moved back to the sales side and is a good guy.

They had the new cruiser Goldwing there and I liked the way it looked.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
They had the new cruiser Goldwing there and I liked the way it looked.
I saw the new one yesterday as well and the "tail" end treatment does look pretty good. The windshield looks useless though, first it looks waaay too much like a Kawasaki Vaquero, which is just a clone of a Harley Street Glide. Second, I doubt it will do much, if anything, protecting the rider...I know a Street Glide's windshield doesn't... Hopefully you can put a real windshield on the "cruiser" Wing as easily as a Street Glide.

My wife had to drag me off the new FJR, I suspect I will have one in the garage in the next year or so...my FJ needs the company. :D

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Sun Honda sounds like a first class dealership. Doing things right pays off for them as well. Just think of the good INTERNATIONAL press Sun got from this forum alone---probably got kudos from the GW Forum, and other Honda Forums. It is good to hear good news.

Top Bottom