Interesting option for the '19 Goldwing

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I have most of the electronics in both our Fords...everything works fine. The only function I always disable is the Adaptive Cruise Control. It works fine but the way the idiots around here cut in so closely it is constantly slowing me down for someone who will be gone in a couple seconds. I also turn off the Lane Keeper on some roads as the county roads don't always have lines along the sides...that drives it nuts. Everything else I can access through voice commands so it isn't distracting to me...

Maybe the issue is the operator ? :whistle: :oops: I recently complete my AARP Defensive Driver Class and the instructor mentioned how some "aged" drivers, his phrase not mine, have trouble adapting to the new technology. His response to that was basically you better learn it as there is only going to be more in future vehicles...;)

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
My wife also has a CRV and I hate driving it. That "Land Keeping Assist" that shakes the steering wheel gets all confused in the winter when there are strips of tire-packed snow on the pavement and it thinks they are lane marking lines. I have to pull over to adjust the heater because the screen is so complicated. And I don't even attempt the radio. I just pretend I'm on my motorcycle and listen to the road noise.
When I sell my 2004 CRV I will think of you! There are certain conditions where my 2018 Subaru Forsester collision avoidance computer gets confused but not many . Its saved me twice from my own stupidity, although the deer detection incident was mild and I cant kick myself for that one. The falling asleep, yes.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
I have most of the electronics in both our Fords...everything works fine. The only function I always disable is the Adaptive Cruise Control. It works fine but the way the idiots around here cut in so closely it is constantly slowing me down for someone who will be gone in a couple seconds. I also turn off the Lane Keeper on some roads as the county roads don't always have lines along the sides...that drives it nuts. Everything else I can access through voice commands so it isn't distracting to me...

Maybe the issue is the operator ? :whistle: :oops: I recently complete my AARP Defensive Driver Class and the instructor mentioned how some "aged" drivers, his phrase not mine, have trouble adapting to the new technology. His response to that was basically you better learn it as there is only going to be more in future vehicles...;)
Odd. My lane keeper is automatically off unless I turn it on. I love the adaptive cruise for here in the lonely west. I set it for a three second inteval. If people pass me they just keep going past the guy I am following.

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
My wife's new Honda CRV is like that. Its like being in the cockpit of an airplane. No wonder drives are distracted. More beeps and lights flashing than you can imagine. Each meaning something different. When I first drove it the steering wheel started to vibrate. I thought something was wrong and she explained it was warning me a was getting to close to the edge of my lane. Lots of safety avoidance things in that car. It can almost drive itself.
No worries, Warren. Boeing designed the MCAS system for the 737 Max and put it into the CRV. Didnt know they also put in a "stick shaker". I wouldnt like that. I just get the beep when I crosses the white line.

Had a good ride on a ‘19 GW tour manual and it is an impressive package. All the tech was nice, easy to use and well integrated. Would be nice to have one when I retire, until then the NT does an amazing job of doing most everything.

Top Bottom