Is Everybody Ready II

junglejim

Site Supporter
Bike
Tiger 800, NT sold
For Spring that is.
Hard to tell for most of you but Old Man Winter has a firm grip here right now. I plowed a foot of snow yesterday afternoon and 2 hours later another snowstorm rolled in. This AM I plowed again. It has been about one or two times per week for the last month. Now another 5" in the forecast for next week too.

I have an annual goal to get my first ride of the year in by April Fools Day (no significance there). I don't think I have a chance this year. IMG_1105.jpeg

I shoveled all this off yesterday and this AM it looked the same again

IMG_1101.jpeg

The piles keep getting higher and higher. IMG_1100.jpeg

Andy garage is getting shorter.

I hope that somehow these pictures makes someone feel better. I'm considering trading the Tiger in on a dog sled.

There is a reason I have stayed in the South since moving here from Northern Illinois. I don't want to have to deal with snow, esp all that you far Northern types get.
Humans adapt well to things but I'm glad I don't have to at this point in time.

I've also been watching news reports of the weather events in California. Stuff happening that hasn't occurred in a lot of years.

Arknt

That's a lot of snow! How much have you had this winter?

We've had a lot, but it's just about gone now. Still cold though.

And I thought WE were having a snowy winter! Jim, you put us to shame.
Unfortunately, now it’s turning to mud. DEEP mud. No riding for a while.E1739B13-B494-4FE2-B1CE-8AD4E2E54165.jpeg1EC5D234-D413-414F-B6D8-4A97857D2CAD.jpeg

JungleJim: bummer when garage sinks!!!!!

Yoda: thats a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!! Now I feel bad about whining when it's in the teens.... shame on me...

Mike

I spend a lot of time keeping the access road to my house clear of snow each year. This year we got no plowable snow storms all year long. Lots of mud, not much snow. Had eight inches on a bench a few days ago four on the driveway, ground was too warm. no snow left on the ground now.

Hi Mike- OUR road IS gravelled. The road pictured is a County road that they choose to do nothing with. My vehicle of choice is an F-150 4wd with Goodyear MT/R tires and all four chained up. It will go almost anywhere.
76CA8EAD-8E06-4374-BE9A-56D1799F2C6B.jpeg

We have been so lucky here in SE Ohio and western portion of West Virginia. Only two light dustings this year. More rain than usual but I've been able to ride every month so far.
Feel for you folks with all that snow.

22 March 2023 knock on wood no plowable snow all season long. Lots of mud but no snow.

Last night, the weather guy said we would get a DUSTING on the grass and elevated areas. This morning, I awoke to 3 1/2 inches of DUST. Wet, heavy DUST.

Almost went out yesterday to drain the snow blower. I "drained" about half a tank this morning. All of it thru the carb.

Sorry guys, but its supposed to get to 90 F tomorrow, but hey, its Orlando. You put up with snow, we put up with Spring Breakers........
Wendell
PS I'm not complaining mind you, my two collage age Granddaughters were down here last week visiting me during their Spring Break :)

Watching the evening news weather, I have been thinking about you....my snow is about gone....

I was able to ride to work this past Thursday. Earlier in the week was even better weather, but circumstances didn't allow. I'm hoping to ride again Tuesday if the roads are still dry.

Back
Top Bottom