Just Catching Up & Some "heads up"

Thanks Coyote Chris for your thoughts and information. My mushroom was such a slow leak that I am sure it had also to do with the location in the tire and potentially causing the hole to be made slightly irregular, therefore causing the stem of the mushroom not to seal 100%. Anyway, I haven't given up on the system which I still believe is what I want to carry on long trips. Stay safe and enjoy the ride. Jim
After looking at the inside of tires built now, I can see how a mushroom plug might not seal 100 percent. I have very weak hands so dismounting a tire and putting in a permanant patch is not an option and I am not so sure licensed shops would take the risk in the state of WA and do it either. For me, using creative packing, having a dynaplug kit is fast and easy if the hole is small. If it wont work 100 percent, it may allow me to get to a place off the road which is safe and I can try the mushroom. If that wont work, I can move the hole size up a tad with my tapered rat tail file set and use the gummy worm. I should post a pic of my kit and maybe if there is enough interest, we could have a demo at the rally.

Back
Top Bottom