Lithium Motorcycle Batteries...

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
On the subject of batteries, my five year old OEM battery on my 2017 Suzuki DL650 XT is ready to be replaced....
The voltmeter on the dash, my own voltmeter and battery checker and charger told me everything I need to know.
So I go to Yuasa USA website, and Revzilla where I have $15 credit and I know everything about what the OEM battery says.
Revzilla and Yuasa USA says this.
Yuasa YTX12-BS is the ticket. YUAM3RHZS
Revilla vid says they are made in the USA. Good.
Both Amazon and Ebay say this battery does not fit my bike. Some of the ones on the web are listed as being made in Taiwan. Which is fine. Anything but China.
Of course, Yuasa batteries (Their president is Yoda) are made all over the world. I just didnt want a Chicom one.
As Abraham Lincoln once said, "If its on the web, that doesnt make it true.
I bought the one from Revzilla.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
FWIW, the NOCO NLP14 behaves very well in the NT, even when parked outside overnight at temps around freezing, flick the ign ON, let the headlight current "awaken" the battery for 20~30 seconds, whirrr-vrooom... really packing some power...
Next "test subject" will be my ST1100 (which V-4 fires even easier...)

OP
OP
DarylCincy
Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
Year old now and has performed well starts fine every time in cold weather (at around 30 degrees) If I get 7 to 8 years out of it I'll say it's well worth it. Also a note the battery it calls for is smaller than the oem and uses spacers so you could go up a size for even more CCA.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Well, another NOCO NLP14 got implanted, had to fix some issues with the battery posts not suiting my ST1100's battery leads...
But the cranking power is amazing... starter-clutch barely engages and the engine is already firing... it's like pressing ON in your DVR... :cool:

Wrote to the NOCO support contact if they would care to offer classic battery posts (at least as accessory...)
Otherwise I'll have to cut, drill and tap the ones included with the batteries to get my ST's cable crimps a proper fit...

Coyote Chris

Site Supporter
Bike
10 Red NT 14 FJR, 17 XT
Well, another NOCO NLP14 got implanted, had to fix some issues with the battery posts not suiting my ST1100's battery leads...
But the cranking power is amazing... starter-clutch barely engages and the engine is already firing... it's like pressing ON in your DVR... :cool:

Wrote to the NOCO support contact if they would care to offer classic battery posts (at least as accessory...)
Otherwise I'll have to cut, drill and tap the ones included with the batteries to get my ST's cable crimps a proper fit...
Interesting question. You are NOT allowed to have a LiIon battery in your checked baggage as they are prone to catching fire. I wonder what the rules are if you were to ship your bike to the IS?

Top Bottom