MAGNETIC Tank Bag survey

Bike
11VStrom650 & 16Tiger800
I use a Nelson Rigg, but, it is non-magnetic. I sometimes stick my wallet in the tank bag and would not want to worry about my credit cards.

I'd look for a bag that has magnets in the bottom of the bag rather than 'wings" like my little tank bag. The steel part of the tank area is only so wide.
Nelson-Rigg is also what I use because of "magnet-phobia". Once had a purse with magnets that ruined ALL my credit and ATM cards. Only takes once for that to happen.

Wanda P.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I'm sorry, Phil.
My bad
Hey, Clay, you don't need to apologize. I kind of figured you might be kidding, and even if you weren't, I was! I understand wanting to carry a bag that'll let you carry as much as possible. Good luck!

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
If you want to carry as much as possible take a look at adding "tank panniers" that hang down on the sides of the gas tank. Those add a lot of capacity in a "wasted space" area. Here is an example from Wolfman. I've seen some fancy sets that allow you to clip the tank panniers on to the main tank bag.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Eldon Cannon (EX-WINGER) has carried a set of Aerostitch's tank panniers on his NT.

OP
OP
RedNigel
Bike
2010 Red NT700
I really like that Cortech super 2.0 18L, but I am really leaning towrds the Firstgear Onyx expandable...If the magnet orientation works for an NT, it will do 25 liters when expanded and costs much less than the Cortech

I am a big fan of the Motocentric 19L, but no sure .

A i said before, I may order 2-3 bags and keep the one that works best

Yoda

Site Supporter
Bike
2021 Suzuki 650 VStrom; N
The "El Cheapo" WalMart tank bag arrived saturday. Magnets stick like glue, volume of the bag looks adequate for anything I might be carrying. Appears to be made well, plenty of bells and whistles. Another satisfied customer.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I am a bit late to this thread but............. Cortech Mini. Works good last a long time. Less than 100 bucks and stays put. Disclaimer.. Always use the safety strap. And I also use the same bag on my Wee STrom, and my ST1300.

Last edited:
Top Bottom