MCL universal off set handle bar risers 4008 mcl78univ-os

OP
OP
ataraxia
Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
Looks like a really good job on the riser mod's.
Let us know how they work out for you.
Did you also have to install longer clutch cables, throttle cables, and brake lines?
Tim and fieroguy,
Yes I had to install the transalp clutch cable, The stock was too short. I had to remove the tripl tree clamp on the brake line, ( non abs model) , the throttle cable are good as is, i pulled all the slack out but they dont bind and the rpms dont change when you move bars lock to lock.

OP
OP
ataraxia
Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
Rode the. Nt with the new risers yesterday for about an hour. what a difference! It feels like a whole different bike to me. No more neck and lower back pain and , little or no pressure on the wrists. I really am impressed with these risers. The bike doesnt feel as sporty in the twisties, but i really need to get used to the new riding position. I am able to move back into the wider part of the seat now, so its way more comfy seat wise, also my legs feel a little shorter at stop lights, and i need to get used to that. Overall i like it. I notice a little more vibration in the handlebar, but its still less than my old metric cruiser. Foam grips are probably next.

I did not remove any threads, only unthreaded portion of lower riser block, also used the same bolts provided. Lock tited everything and torqued to 20ft lbs, per maint. Manual.

If anyone wants this done, all you really need to do is cut or sand a 45 degree angle on the outside bottom corner of each riser. That will create clearance for the tank. I milled off the rest for tank removal , but you could always remove the risers then the tank.

Some have asked if mcl would do this mod? I dont know , i havent discussed this mod with them. I do recommend them, they were prompt, and the product i got was top notch. Shipping cost was reasonable. Packaging was adequate. Product arrived undamaged and faster than expected. Price was lower than other competitors.

If anybody wants this done, pm me - i am slow , but i work cheap!lol
Leo.

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
I don't know if it presents the same problem with contacting the tank but I believe Twisted Throttle has a 1" up and 1" back riser. somewhere on this forum it is discussed.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ataraxia
Bike
2015 Yamaha FZ-07
I don't know if it presents the same problem with contacting the tank but I believer Twisted Throttle has a 1" up and 1" back riser. somewhere on this forum it is discussed.
Yes Warren,
I looked at that riser, at the time it was priced at $115.00 plus shipping. I didn't really like the look of it, plus it was more money than the MCL riser.

Top Bottom