Mesh summer jacket without liner

OP
OP

Igo

Igor, I've had a First Gear mesh jacket for several years, came without a liner and has all the armor you could ask for. Also has a zipper along the back so you can add the First gear mesh pants with armor. One change I'd make though, don't get it in black. I bought mine when I lived in the Bay Area, it's not so good in the desert summer heat. :cool:
I'm getting ready to cancel the order I just made. I ordered a gun metal color but it is a large. I forget I am no longer a large. All they have in medium at this price is black and a brilliant blue. Both will cook in the summer. Disappointed. I bought my car a light color because I live in the desert.

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V (ABS)
Xelement and Field Sheer make excellent mesh riding jackets. I have one of each and both are very comfortable here in Hawaii's heat. They both came with liners but I don't use those.

OP
OP

Igo

If they have my size I will order the Field Sheer this morning for $70.

OP
OP

Igo

Those would be terrific but I need a really light color. Grey or white. I live in the Mohave Desert.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I'm glad that makers of men's clothing don't play those games. We're pretty sure that anybody's XL will be about the same (dress shirts are an exception...some of us really have to watch out for "tailored fit" garments).
Watch out for FirstGear! The is a huge size difference between their leather and cloth jackets. I ordered a new FirstGear Scout leather jacket in a 3XL size, which is the size of the red Kilimanjaro Air jacket I am wearing in my avatar, and it would not even begin to fit, it looked like a Large size. The manager at Cycle Gear thought it must have been marked wrong and ordered another, with the same result. :confused: I had also ordered a new non-vented Kilimanjaro in Day-glow Yellow and Silver in 3XL and it fits just fine... The manager and Cycle Gear checked around and told me that it was very common for the leather to be significantly smaller even though they are from the same vendor...:shrug2:

OP
OP

Igo

I found a Tour Master DRAFT at Rick's Carter's Power Sports. It is perfect except the mesh is mostly black instead of the silver I had hoped for. I think the Silver would be cooler for a summer jacket. The Jacket looks great, I didn't have to pay for all the insert stuff and the armor is secure where it is supposed to stay. And it is going to be warm enough tomorrow to give it a whirl.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I wonder if you could change the color of your jacket with automotive interior dye.

OP
OP

Igo

I wouldn't want to try. It's a through color poly of some kind. It looks great and in a slight breeze it vented wonderfully.

Top Bottom