New Helmet

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Competition Cycles had a helmet sale and the Bell Revolver in Hi-Viz Yellow looked good for $190. I have had it two days and have "Road Tested" it for two days. I like it a lot. It is lighter than my aging Nolan N-102. It is quieter with and without ear plugs. The aerodynamics are better (ran it with the windscreen all the way down). Ventilation is good. The face shield goes up and down with ease and there is a notch so you can run the face shield a shade up for additional air. The internal sun shield is fantastic---one finger operation--spring loaded. This is a quality "Brain Bucket" I have about 100 miles on this one and it definitely made the grade. It comes with a helmet bag (nice touch)

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
It is a modular. Wearing glasses with a non modular is a real "Fire Drill"

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
[video=youtube;GxNF1ucR1Cs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GxNF1ucR1Cs[/video]

Fieroguy

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700
+1 for the Bell Revolver. Got mine in silver to match the NT. Got about 1500 miles on it. So far the only problems have been getting the visor to stay in the full up position (seems to be some weird turbulence behind the windscreen that causes this) and the little magnet that holds the chin strap to the double D ring came out... but I didn't lose it as it stayed attached to the D ring! Just need to sew it in so that doesn't happen again. Other than that, I highly recommend it.

elizilla

I was at Iron Pony and they had a couple of them sitting out for people to play with. All had been broken by previous customers. I'm not saying the helmet is bad - it wasn't the safety part that was getting broken, it was the comfort features like the integrated shield. But I suggest you be extra careful who gets their hands on it. Hamfisted people are way too fascinated by it, and those fiddly bits are fragile.

Rob

Bike
2010 Silver NT700V
i figured you would opt for the Nolan N-104. Sounds like you found a better deal, that seems like a great price. Glad you're happy with it!

Bike
Silver NT700V
This one just got on my list. I'll be in the market next summer when the Arai Vector ages out. I would like to try modular this time. As Alex says, glasses with full coverage is "fire drill". Will be interested to see if any modulars are CE approved. So far the list is Nolan, HJC SyMax, Bell Revolver in random order.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Warren, what's the difference between modular and flip-up? I've always thought they were the same.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
In a flip up the chin bar raises up but stays attached. It is the most common design. A modular can be converted to another type. Typically the chin bar can be removed to create an open face helmet. If you go to webbikeworld.com and look at the helmet section they list helmets in both categories.

Mellow

Admin
2024 Mileage
Bike
21 R1250RT
I was curious so went over to Moto Liberty today to try on the Bell Revolver Evo. Wasn't all that crazy about it... Tried on the Scorpion and Schuberth as well and none of them really did much for me... I'd like to like one but they all just don't feel that great to me...

Then, I tried on their RS-1 fullface... bad move, that thing feels like it was made for me... might need to get one .. ugh... thanks!.. LOL

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I was curious so went over to Moto Liberty today to try on the Bell Revolver Evo. Wasn't all that crazy about it... Tried on the Scorpion and Schuberth as well and none of them really did much for me... I'd like to like one but they all just don't feel that great to me...

Then, I tried on their RS-1 fullface... bad move, that thing feels like it was made for me... might need to get one .. ugh... thanks!.. LOL
Joe,
Continue trying on flip ups. You will find one that feels good. There are so many out there--one should do the job. With me it was a tie between th Revolver and the HJC with the same features. It is also amazing how the sizes differ between brands. My Nolan N-102 is a Medium and is loose as a goose (partially because of its age) and the Revolver and HJC are both XL. I thought that they were both equivalent in quality--so I picked the Revolver because it is Hi-Viz Yellow.

I never got more than four years out of any helmet--bicycle helmets included (never wore one out--crashed four so far--I like Bell) I have very oily hair and that seems to attack helmet liners. That is the primary reason that I stay away from Schuberth and the other high line helmets. I do wonder if there is some sort of varnish that could be applied to the styrofoam liners so that hair oil would not affect the foam. Helmets are one of the most difficult items to pick out. Even if you like a particular brand--like I like Nolan. The new ones don't fit right and are certainly not Medium. The 103 is Large and the 104 is XL--go figure.

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
HJC has come out with a new high end flip up. Its called RPHA MAX. Its in the $400 range.

OP
OP
Bear

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
Warren,
I saw that one and it is truly nice--but not twice as nice as the Revolver at $199.00

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I like my Schuberth and I like the new Shoei Neotech, but they are truly expensive. The Schuberth is a huge amount quieter than my Nolan N-104 was.

Top Bottom