No new imported NTs?

Bike
Bonneville T120
Phil.
I'm so impressed with the Bonneville I got in the spring really has me looking at other bikes in the Triumph line up. Mind you, I don't really think I'll be getting rid of the NT any time soon. The offer I made was for a cruiser for my vertically challenged wife.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Dan, I agree with you that Triumph is making some great looking bikes. If only they'd make a sport-touring bike with the 675 or 800cc engine, they'd be tempting me a lot. For my riding, nothing works as well as as sport-touring machine, no matter whether the manufacturer emphasizes sport or touring.

CommuterNT

As a newer rider and an even newer NT owner I can't rave enough of how wonderful this bike is for my needs. Like my name says I use mine almost strictly for commuting with the occasional pleasure ride. I would ride it all the time but last I checked it is still frowned upon to be cruising down the road with a carseat and kid in it:D When I was researching for my next bike I looked at many different bikes trying to find one that would work best for me. Mainly comfortable, protection from the elements, storage, low maintenance and economical and easy to handle for my 5'4" height. I added the undercowl, knuckle gaurds, heated grips and BOOM I stay dry and warm and have a comfortable ride. I was surprised when I was looking into this bike how unpopular it was, it just makes sense. Oh well I guess it is others loss.

Bear

Bike
2010 NT-700 V Red
I really like the new Honda CB1100. When I get older, I might just get one and have the good folks in Lewiston fit it with a sidecar. Until that time, I am perfectly happy with the NT. Honda seems to be marketing the NC as an everything bike. The latest issue of Cycle World have the V-Strom a better grade than the NC. The V-Strom is a hard act to follow. It is in my opinion one of the best thought out bikes on the market---and everybody makes stuff for it. My Physical Therapist practically lives on his and has clocked some serious miles on his bike.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
I really like the new Honda CB1100. When I get older, I might just get one and have the good folks in Lewiston fit it with a sidecar. Until that time, I am perfectly happy with the NT. Honda seems to be marketing the NC as an everything bike. The latest issue of Cycle World have the V-Strom a better grade than the NC. The V-Strom is a hard act to follow. It is in my opinion one of the best thought out bikes on the market---and everybody makes stuff for it. My Physical Therapist practically lives on his and has clocked some serious miles on his bike.
Agreed, If I had to choose between the my NT and my Wee. The Wee would stay and the NT would go. As it was, when I was looking at the two bikes ,I chose the Wee first. A year later I was in a position to acquire the NT also. Of course my ST1300 has spoiled me. It is good I don't have to choose between the girl friends as of now. :rolleyes1: So many bikes and not enough time or space for them all. Not to mention money.

Last edited:

Warren

Bike
2019 Yamaha XMAX
You just don't find shaft drive on middle weight bikes. The shaft drive was the deciding factor for me picking the NT over the Strom.

tawilke46

I bought the '09 Wee for my son in Aug of this year and have been mightily impressed with the bike. I will be able to ride the Wee until next summer when he flies down to pick it up and ride it back to California. I told him that it will be a long ride, 2,500 miles or so. I find chain maintenance, though not time consuming or difficult, is kind of messy. Have not found a lubricant that does not sling off making a mess of the rear wheel and swing arm. Even chain lubes that claim they will not sling off do just that. Still I would put the Wee right up there with any mid weight bike, including the NT.
Granted, I have to spend some dollars on the Suzuki to bring up the carrying capacity to the level of the NT.
But the Wee has a couple of features I really like, such as hazard flashers and flash to pass.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
Shaft Drives add a lot of weight and consumes more of the available horse power. That is why not many mid size machines have them. Not to mention expense in manufacturing.

I use Du Pont Teflon Chain Saver. A wax based chain lube. I put in on after the ride when the chain is warm and then let it set up and dry. Very little flings off and it is easy to clean with some WD-40. Also it is a milky white color so what does fling does not show as easy on my silver wheels.

MrSinator

There's a dealer in Johnson City, TN - Jim's Honda and Suzuki that has a few. Last I checked I think he had 4 in stock, 1 black and 3 red. One already had the Honda tank pad, knee pads, and wind deflectors. He's the guy I got mine from.
http://www.jimsmotorcyclesales.com/default.asp is the website. He only has one listed on there right now. I have a buddy that works in the parts department there. If you would like for me to find out what they have and what they're selling for then let me know.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Nope. Don't know why not...especially if they're on NTs in other countries.

rcase13

Nope. Don't know why not...especially if they're on NTs in other countries.
How easy would it be to add them I wonder? This is something I would really like to have. On the last trip I took I pulled over on the shoulder (very wide shoulder) to wait for my riding buddy. It would have been nice to have them. Especially with my Admore lights on my rear top case.

Bike
19 Versys 1K SE, 14 FJR
How easy would it be to add them I wonder? This is something I would really like to have. On the last trip I took I pulled over on the shoulder (very wide shoulder) to wait for my riding buddy. It would have been nice to have them. Especially with my Admore lights on my rear top case.
Here is the write up and the drawings for the 4 way flashers I installed on my ST1100 way back when. Easy to do. The wire colors might be different on the NT.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
See the How To on the Kisan SM3R in Lighting farkles if you want a plug an play Turn Signal canceller solution.

silverdevil

where would you like to mount a simple on/off switch for the flashers

then run a wire to each of the rear turn(can not do it on the front because single filament bulb that is used as turn and run) lights then to the switch, when you flip the switch and hit a turn signal you have flashers. because you will be tying the left and the right together so all 4 turn lights work.
because of the front turn/run lights when you flip the above switch and hit the turn switch you will have to move the turn switch from left to right or right to left. if you don't flip the turn from one side to the other the opposite side will leave the run light on and turn in the front and very hard to see but simple flip of turn switch to opposite side and all works good.

I did this just after I got the NT and works fine. plus there is a write up somewhere in the forums.

Top Bottom