OEM or Givi Top Box?

Bike
2011 NT700V, 2010 F650GS
Please correct me if I am wrong I understand that Givi is the manufacturer of the OEM top box for the NT700V, so would you recommend going with OEM, or with one of several options from Givi?

Thanks, as always, to those on this forum; it's a great sign of the community that people stay on board even when they no longer own an NT.

Tom
Miami, FL

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
I tried a number of different top boxes on my bike. There is a Givi on there now. Big enough for two large modular helmets for the rare times now that my wife comes along for a ride. Room for all my gear when I rode to work. I never seem to have the space for all the stuff that wants to come along on tour. Find the Givi mount for your bike and you will never look back.

Enjoy your ride

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
The OEM kit features a carrier plate with dampened float mechanism, absorbing air-buffeting around the case, so its not transferring into the frame at speeds...
A GIVI adapter plates miss such, the case is fixed to the rear frame, hence it's more likely to experience speed wobble...

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
I've had both on my NT, If you want the factory Honda look that matches the bike and moneys not a real issue the Oem Honda is nice. Save money going the Givi route and better mounting plate system with the monokey system.

Attachments

Bike
2010 NT700V
The picture on the right looks like the box I have had on 3 or 4 different bikes. It was fron JC Whitney, and cost WAY under $50. I just looked on Ebay. Same style from 35 to 72 liter are $40 to $80.

Bike
Honda CBR 600F-2/NT700V
The picture on the right looks like the box I have had on 3 or 4 different bikes. It was fron JC Whitney, and cost WAY under $50. I just looked on Ebay. Same style from 35 to 72 liter are $40 to $80.
Yeah it's a JCW box had it for years its a copy cat Givi E360 as you know it mounts on the same style plate just the rear pins are about a 1/4 inch difference in spacing and works just like the Givi monokey system. I gave $27 for it on E-bay about 12 years ago its really a good box to bad they don't make it no more.

Bike
2010 NT700V
Yeah it's a JCW box had it for years its a copy cat Givi E360 as you know it mounts on the same style plate just the rear pins are about a 1/4 inch difference in spacing and works just like the Givi monokey system. I gave $27 for it on E-bay about 12 years ago its really a good box to bad they don't make it no more.
Check Ebay.

Two full face helmets will fit in the big one.

OP
OP
MotoFly
Bike
2011 NT700V, 2010 F650GS
Thanks, all; much appreciated advice! I really like riding my NT; I'm going to sell off an F650GS twin and just ride the Honda, enjoying it as such an easy and stable ride.

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
Like the others say, the OEM box's built-in wobble doesn't improve the bike's handling at all. I've got a Givi V46 on my current NT, Horse, and had a Givi Maxia on my first NT, Dudley. Both are great boxes.

MWD

With the Honda system you can slide a ubolt lock under the the topbox easier than keeping it under the seat

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Been told it makes my butt look big. Well it is and I don't have a problem with that. :)

Top Bottom