OEM or Givi Top Box?

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
Having a topcase makes the riding day more comfortable and by extension more fun. Having a place to stash the extra layers a typical New England day brings with it is priceless.

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R, NT700
Having a place to stash the extra layers a typical New England day brings with it is priceless.
I can only repeat the reminder to only store lightweight stuff (items insensitive to vibrations and banging) in there... thermo-liners, riding gloves, spare roll toilet paper, etc...
Large top-cases favor exactly the opposite, inviting to get lots of stuff into them, they get heavy, hence they will impede handling...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I can only repeat the reminder to only store lightweight stuff (items insensitive to vibrations and banging) in there... thermo-liners, riding gloves, spare roll toilet paper, etc...
Large top-cases favor exactly the opposite, inviting to get lots of stuff into them, they get heavy, hence they will impede handling...
Can't say that I've ever noticed it. Probable reason for that is that I'm not stretching the limits of handling and that I'm not very sensitive to handling issues.

karl

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VAA
The saddle bags on the NT are fixed but this is why it would be good to decouple :
Should I want to ride like my hair is on fire the luggage on the Beast comes off. It also moves. You can ride in places in the West here where you don't pass a driveway for the amount of time it takes to drive past Wien.

Top Bottom