Oil Filters-What fits and what don't....

Bike
2010 NT700V
Seems a little excessive for a street bike but if it makes one feel better there is no reason not to do it.
No, it's quite excessive for a street bike. I think the real lesson is do the oil change yourself, or bring your own torque wrench to verify fittings after service. I've never had an oil filter or pan bolt come loose on any vehicle, as I've always done my own oil changes.

ett

The Hiflofiltro HF204 'premium' oil filter, available for about $10, fits perfectly. It is an exact match to the Honda filter.
Sorry for reviving an old thread.

I've been using the K&N 204 filters on my NT, strictly for the 17mm nut on the end of the filter.
With that nut and having a ratcheting 17mm box-end wrench; oil changes are much easier.

A few years ago, I bought a case (10 ? 12 ? ) of the K&N 204 filters. For a cost of $7 per filter.
After my last oil change just a few days ago. I am now down to one K&N 204 oil filter.
So I went to the website of where I bought the filters last time.
And to my surprise; they had more than doubled in price. They are now $18 per filter !

I did much searching online. But $18 per filter appears to be the only available price.
So just to to have more than only one spare oil filter. I went to local Autozone and bought two they had in stock; for that $18 price.

With your post and doing some research online. I've learned that HiFlo also makes an NT compatible filter with a 17mm nut on it's end.
AND as you stated; is available online for $9.99 per filter.
That filter is: HF204RC.

Would this be the HF204 you are using ?
If yes; would you (or anyone else) be in any position to compare it to the K&N 204 filter ?

Thanks;
--ET

Top Bottom