OK confess...cup holder?

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700VA (ABS)
I suppose we could start a Coffee Cup Holder Owners Anonymous. I'm not quite ready to crumble yet, though. My big tank bag and thermal cup (with handle to hook over the rim of the bag) works pretty good on the long hauls -- and it doesn't get me "labeled" by insensitive critics.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Important considerations I have when debating adding a cup holder:

1. I consider Dunkin D:donut:nuts Coffee to be "Holy Water", that is required to be copiously consumed on a daily basis!
2. I'll be able to ride to my new job! :smile:
3. I'll ride right by my favorite Dunkin D:donut:nuts on the way to work!! :D
4. I now have a Shoei Multi-Tech modular helmet that makes red light sipping a possibility. :cool:

Not that I would even consider putting a cup holder on my NT, but I'm curious, just how well does that left hand mirror mount RAM ball work for a cup holder...??? :rolleyes1:

Bike
2014 Black Yamaha Bolt
Rick, I was 30 years a cop and it took me a long time to give up donuts. Now you go and find a way for me to eat them on my bike. No fair tempting me like that!

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I love Camelbacks -- for water. Don't work worth a flip for coffee.

bish79

I'm starting to see an invention developing here... A tankbag with and integrated "camelback" that works with coffee (perhaps even insulated to keep it warm).

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
Hmm...is there a spot where something like this would work?

http://www.madcorider.com/drink-caddy.html

If not, I may run the idea by the guy who made the replacement foot stirrup for my son's child seat.
Lori,

I had something similar on my H-D's "engine guard" and they are not worth it... Whatever is in it gets hot, it is awkward to reach, and the leather gets really nasty from the bottle "sweating" in it... Plus mounting one on the NT will be interesting since there are no "crash hoops" to mount it on....

MAC

Lori, what if you added a strap to it and hang it over your shoulder. Like left shoulder and under right arm. Across the boady.

MAC

OK, I think I found what you are looking for. "Koffee Kaddy" I was just on White Horse Gear out of NH and they have this in the Bargains section.

They also have another one to, in the gaget section.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
Amen, Brother Rick! Hydration is one of the most critical aspects of riding in warm weather. When it gets above 94F ambient air temperature, your body's exposure to moving air actually puts heat into the system. If you ain't sweatin' you may be dyin'!

In those temperatures, I'm drinking a couple of liters (at least) for every gas tank / 200 miles.

Hank, you don't get anywhere if you're stopping to take a drink every 15-20 miles.

MAC

Rick, things always goes along good for awhile in threads. Then the "Thin Skin" comes out and the "Digs" start to get thrown around and then it gets out of control. Because of this I made a statement in the poll- red, silver or abs silver.

" Remember this is all in fun " :)

And we shouldn't lose sight of this. It is only people's opion's and there not right or wrong.

Last edited:

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I'll be durned! A self-moderating Forum. Let's all remember that it is OK to have differences in opinion. Hank made it clear that he had his tongue in his cheek. I hope the rest of us can be clear about claiming our opinions without getting all riled-up at folks with a different opinion.

At least as long as none of disagree with me, I'll be fine. :)

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
unlike Phil, you do not have the God like priviledges of deleting unwanted posts
Which privilege I have heretofore exercised with great and admirable restraint.

If I do say so myself.

RedLdr1

Site Supporter
I never found a particularly good place on the NT, the Tri-Glide has several options. Since you don't need your coffee until you arrive a small thermos is easier to carry, and keeps your coffee warmer, than a cup holder...

Phil Tarman

Site Supporter
Bike
I've got a Bags Connection City Bag that has a deep enough area in the back of the bag to hold my Thermos cup. And, I confess, I do drink while riding.

mikesim

Site Supporter
Bike
NT700, Red, #989,
I use the NT on my commute to work. When I go to lunch on the bike, I usually get a soda with lunch. When I'm in the cage I top off the soda and bring it back to work with me, but I haven't figgered out a way to do so on the NT... suggestions are welcome.

Mike

Top Bottom