Ooouuuccchhh! My tailbone is killing my ride!

DirtFlier

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 Silver NT700V/ABS
[Do you have a contact e-mail for this gentleman?]

Just punch <Spencer Moto Care> into Goggle search and you'll get his homepage. It's been my experience that he will
answer E-mail but it may take a day or two.

elizilla

Ok everyone, I'm going to offer some information I learned a few years ago. The reason your tailbone hurts is because your sitting on it. Russell, Diamond and some others add more foam right where your thighs go. This evens out the pressure you are putting on the seat. Try putting something soft and about 1 1/2" thick accross the front section of your seat where your thighs go. Go for a ride and you'll see what I'm talking about. You may need to adjust the pad forward or back till you get it right. I ride over 25,000 miles a year, and I refuse to be uncomfortable.
Reminds me of the "sweet cheeks" pads they put on dual sports. Have you guys seen those? It's basically a throwover saddle cover with a loop on either side. You put some two liter soda bottles in the loops, and it widens the seat and supports the outside of your butt and thighs.

Bike
1984 Moto Guzzi T5
It is what is described in the web pages I linked to, along with a description of which bones are the problem and how to add to or remove foam to alleviate the pressure on them.

Top Bottom